manifold nuts....

i over tightened a manifold nut and it keeps spinning (but manifold is not blowing even though this has happened), what is the best or cheapest way to sort it? Need a hand please, any advice very much appreciated. how do i rethread the head, any quick way to solve this, someone must have been through this problem on here lol....

Micka

done this a cupple of times, more so when takeing them out. you can buy a kit that re does the threads i know the propper name but ive got a mind blank atm lol

any car auto shop/DIY should sell them.

cheapest way is to get a new nut and bolt lol

other than that its tap and die set. but seriously just get it out and get a new one!

just thought it depends which bolt it is :p

onto the head or the down pipe?

helicoil is pretty much the tap kit itself! the insert is if you have to make a hole bigger there is a sleeve that sits inside tho make it the size it was :)

thats it tap n die set, if the bolt has snaped into the head you need to get a drill bit on it (and ffs make shure its ment for metal not wood) then make new threads. before doing this you will need to remove some parts of the engine or you will not get full rotation of the tool and u'll not make the new thread

If the bolt has snapped in the head, you may be able to use a set of Easy-Outs to remove it without needing to re-thread it. However, worst case scenario is that you have stripped the thread in the head as it's only aluminium, and you will need to re-thread the head.

Back