• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

main seal, clutch kit, crank shaft seal

Hi, All. I admit I have not waded through all the past posts on this (these) topics. I thought I would post that it is an issue currently. Just in case anyone can help. '98 1.0 petrol Micra, facelift. my local auto parts shop guy told me at the counter that he sees in 98 that there were two possible clutch sizes that can be in this particular car. He said it was best to see what it is once the transmission box is removed. That is to say, until you can actually measure its width.

Has anyone run into this issue also? I suppose in the middle of the manufacture year they changed the clutch size. I don't know. I was hoping to go online and get a LUK kit and simply search --> 1.0 petrol K11 ('98) with my VIN and it would be simple enough. Now, I think i would instead rely on my auto parts guy and maybe he will let me return the one that does not fit (so, order two kits to come in).

Does anyone know the actual part numbers of the manufacturer of the part? I keep all my part packages like the belts and the airbox filter and such. But I don't know the clutch part number. Even if someone thinks another brand other than LUK is fine. If you have had a good experience with it.

I was hoping to get the actual part number (and manufacturer) of a MAIN SEAL too. My mechanic friend and I looked under the car and I thought just the main seal was leaking. But there is now bleeding around the crankshaft seal too. It is oozing there. I thought that maybe on fast driving on long highway trips that the oil was leaking from the main seal and wrapping around the oil pan lip and making it LOOK like it was leaking at the crankshaft ( I clean and wipe up under the car all the time to keep track of this very slow annoying leak). Wishful thinking maybe.

But I think it is beginning to leak at the crank too. I just fixed the dizzy o ring where it was leaking. I expect it to leak again after a good freeze Winter. So, I would like to get these LEAKS fixed before winter hits.

Can anyone provide the actual part numbers and manufacturers? For example: On the alternator belt I have, "Continental 6 PK 675, Multi V-Belt".

Sorry for the long message. Just a shot in the dark from here. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20240521_162133.jpg
    20240521_162133.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back