LPG Conversion Price

those systems start the car on petrol till it,s warmed up, then switches over to gas MM, but the metering of the fuel is more precise tho (mapped on a laptop, more mpg and power)
have you got a local gas station btw ?

A fully sequential system like the BRC Sequent system I have will set you back anything from £1300-£1700 inc depending on who fits it, as dealers vary. I had the benefit of my company paying 2/3 of the conversion costs, so it was a no-brainer for me and my local Autogas fitting place had a deal on for £1149+VAT.

I can't notice the difference in performance between LPG and petrol on my system to be honest and whatever it is I'm not bothered by it. The car is slower than standard but I have a 55L Stako tank in the rear, which will probably weight the best part of 60kgs or so when fully filled. Incidentally a whilteline rear anti-roll bar really helps the car in the corners. Standard it really was horrid on corners with all the extra weight.

Fuel economy from my setup is about 10% less then on petrol, so ranges from around 36mpg to 44mpg on LPG depending on how I drive, (equates to between 340 to 420miles to a full tank), and at circa £21 to fill, them be cheap miles!

It all depends on your budget really, at any rate prices from 47.9-53.9 per litre is a pretty good motivator for those who do plenty of mileage in the current market. Frank did a DIY system which had been going for years IIRC. A single point system, although not technically as good as a sequential system, will still offer very good returns, (mileage dependant), and is very good value for money. Saying that the sequential system does fit a K11 very well since it's already sequential to begin with and compliments the LPG system very well, (all be it more expensive).

At the end of the day it's your choice :)

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 299
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 335
Cheers for that. I'm only looking into it now as I've just started a new job where I'm doing over 60miles a day commuting.
And frank, i have countrywide near me which you can get an account to buy gas like i did on my landy, or there is a place in Bath which isn't far either.

Back