look wht i followed yesterday

G_Man

Ex. Club Member
a 55 plate skyline :O

DSC00247.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/G_Man/DSC00246.jpg

looks like any other average car on the road and that's not what a skyline is all about.

Kev

Kev said:
looks like any other average car on the road and that's not what a skyline is all about.
It's definitely lost the nutter japanese sports car thing like the old skyline had :( It's a pity that the illuminated SKYLINE thingy on the back didn't come with all the versions too :(

re: it looking like a Mondeo; it does vaguely remind me of my mother's Cougar which is sort of a Mondeo :D

its just a 350z under the body work also a little longer.

If i was going to buy one of those i would have got the infinti version (G35) then no one could say uhhh its a horrible skyline.

the new "skyline" isnt the skyline that we used to know and love... its more like a primera but for more high up exec people and a more powerfull engine(s) blah blah... remember the old skyline also had various levels, even down to a 2.0 - the japs used it as an exec car as well as a rather nice powerul toy!

the new "skyline" is, or it was going to be called the "GTR"... if it actualy comes out

the new Skyline is more or less the 350Z

just looks like a typical french saloon, reno laguna (old one) and a tarted up mondeo ( i no thjey not french) but i think the top super car like skyline will look sweet.

made a good job of grill mate !,,think u posted in wrong bit tho :D

nice feet btw :D

lol,,new car design's are awsome,,i love new style

MA12:) said:
I agree with Rik that just looks like an Infinity G35 or something. ten a penny in the states.

Thats right, its definately not the new skyline, iirc its not even due for a few more years yet. (2007 i think)

And yeh the G35's are just as common as mondeos in the states. Also its funny this should be posted as i saw one of these just the other day. the 1st one i've seen over here too, hadn't realised they were being sold here. (could have been an import i suppose :) )

As far as i'm aware all nissans (pronounced 'knee-sarn' in the USA :p ) are Jap built so even if it was a US import it'd have come from Japan first.

i took these pics of a g35 skyline in japan last year

also ive attached some extra pics....supra racing round yokohama and a R34 stuck in between 2 of them hybrid honda things!

Attachments

• DSCI0030.JPG
    DSCI0030.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCI0031.JPG
    DSCI0031.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCI0056.JPG
    DSCI0056.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCI0047.JPG
    DSCI0047.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 160
Ok, my last post about ugly needed more clarity, i get it's a nice car but when I see the older one around my area I nearly crash cause I have to stare but this looks very nice but nothing to stare at

are u ppl sayin it isnt a skyline and its a infiniti G35?? cos that badge on the back is definately a nissan badge and it definately said skyline below it

It is a 'Skyline' but has in no form got the 'GTR' label with it. The one you saw was the Skyline 350GT coupe. This is just the Skyline V35 (In Japan, G35 in America) with the 350Z engine... and has been made into a coupe.

Nissan decided a long time ago now, to seperate both the Skyline and GTR labels. The Skyline name is now going to be used for the more luxury performance like vehicles, whilst the GTR is just going to be branded the next Skyline... hence the name R35 GTR. :)

-Elliot

They have a Renault engine :O . IMO the only nice thing about them is the interior. The one that I saw had a well snazzy DVD player install. Gimme a nice R34 any day.

iirc the whole ethos of the G35 is that nearly everything is interchangable, kid of a saxo for americans.

Back