Loans

B

Ben

Just out of interest, does anybody know any loan companies that would lend a youngsater like me some money, they all seem to be aimed towards homeowners etc

Most high street banks and companies will do non secure personal loans. Off the top of my head The AA, the RAC, Sainsbury's bank, Tesco's, Nationwide, RBS, egg, etc

Most bankls offered non secure loans, obviously if you're wanting 10K and you're a student then don't hold ya breath but if you can keep up your payments they'll give anyone money. I have inside knowledge, they have targets on how much they lend, so they want you to take as much as you can afford, if you have the PPI they meet their targets quicker!

Depending on how much you want, and how long you want it for, you may be better of getting a credit card with 0% interest and then swapped cards until the balance is paid off. That's what I'm doing with my car loan. I took cash out of the cash point to pay for the car (there's a little charge for this, but it's still cheaper than interest on a loan). Might be easier for you to get a credit card too....especially if you're a student. ;)

Your going to uni arnt you?

How about your student loan? Around £3k a year and very cheap compared to 'normal' loans.

Otherwise use www.moneysupermarket.com to find the best loan rates around.

Retepetsir said:
Your going to uni arnt you?

How about your student loan? Around £3k a year and very cheap compared to 'normal' loans.

Otherwise use www.moneysupermarket.com to find the best loan rates around.

yeah i am getting ther loan but its three seprate payment, would ened it all in one go really

why would you need it all at once? if you need it all at once then you'l probley be spending it all at once, so how would you go to uni when you have no loan left?

sorry to bring back an old thread but what i am lookin for is £3000 over 2 years i work full time so thats a plus is egg any good?? dont know how to work apr ect lol

fraz_micra_88 said:
sorry to bring back an old thread but what i am lookin for is £3000 over 2 years i work full time so thats a plus is egg any good?? dont know how to work apr ect lol

learn how to use apr/etc then otherwise you'll probs end up ripped off :p i would tell you how but i dont ever spend money i dont have!

yeah, just try and work out what all the stupid crap means (like apr) so you dont get caught out, then just shop around (like trying to get cheap insurance - its boring and tedeous :p)

I got my loan from my bank/building society. I just went to Nationwide got £1500 no questions asked, applied online had the funds within 5 working days.

Who is your bank/building society?

I think Egg are very good - the most important thing about mine is I can make a one off payment at any time when the cash is there, and it reduces the payments. A lot of other loans will either only let you pay it off monthly for the full term, or one big sum with a penalty.

A trick I learnt (from the girl at Egg on the phone) was to take a £10k loan, even if I wanted a £5k loan, and pay back £5k straight away. This way I went above the threshold for a lower level of interest.

Back