legal sidellights 501's

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
them little 501'sidelights you know the first click on the lights stick want the colour ones in ther
but the small print on the pack claims FOR SHOW USE ONLY white is the legal colour for uk
whats peoples experiance in this as the way im cheking it..........is that the colored 501's are prety bright anyway?? so other drivers wouldnt have dificulty seein you.........or sidelights use is well in advance of lighting up time when you have to put full lights on?? seing it like this a minor fringement??of the law long story short dont want to get pull up anytime they feel like.....upon seing the color bulb-led

displaying any coloured light (other than white) from the front of a vhicle is a big no-no, you'll get pulled up by the first patrol car that spots you,

if the copper is in a good mood he may just ask you to swap them out for the old ones at the side of the road...

if you cant, or the copper is in a bad mood, he'll give you a fixed penalty fine and a producer, meaning you'll have to re-fit the original bulbs and take it down to an m.o.t bay to confirm the cars legality on the road...

if you want coloured bulbs to impress you mates in the car-park, rig up another set of sidelights and run a switch to them...thus not effecting the day-to-day use of the car ;)

l.e.d white / frosted / ice blue bulbs seem to be fine for road use as the only colour is really white.

You can ONLY have white (you used to be able to have amber but only if that's the only light that can be produced by that lamp so the lens would have to be yellow not the bulb)

I failed my MOT cos my 'ice white' LEDs had a tiny hint of purple, they were e-marked but he wouldn't pass them so I just took them out altogether and used 2 motorbike DRL's

my mate got pulled by traffic for using coloured bulbs. they gave him a warning and if they see him next with the same cause he would get a fine on the spot. just stick to white.

as mojo micra has said wire up an extra set somewhere maybe the grill or something. then they can be as bright and colourful as you like!!
as long as they are not on whilst on the public highway!
good luck! (Y)

I'm going to use superbright white LED undercar neons under my front bumper, it'll look cool and be perfectly legal. Then I need yellow on the sides and red at the back.

You can still do lighting mods within the law.

I'm going to use superbright white LED undercar neons under my front bumper, it'll look cool and be perfectly legal. Then I need yellow on the sides and red at the back.

You can still do lighting mods within the law.

yeah i heard about that law obiding mod... but would'nt it be awesome if you could get them all in sync?
the front led's would come on with the headlights,
the side led's would come on when indicating in sync!
and obviously the rear when braking :) maybe a smaller one for tailight :D
that way noone could ever EVER say they didnt see you coming or indicating or braking... EVER! (Y)

ohhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan its too strict here er em not many thug lifes left then??
i cannot buy any exterior color lights then!!! only interior colored up and then someone in another country is to be gloating were i cannot gloat THEMS DAYS IS OVER no more red light for little roxanne hmmmmmm

Back