K12 micra spluttering on start up.

Hi.
I currently have a K12 micra which has developed a startup fault.
When I first start up the car misfires/splutters then cuts out. When I try to restart it, the engine turns over but does not fire at all. If I wait about 30 seconds and try again it will start up fine and there’s no misfire.
The engine management light comes on but there are no error codes whatsoever when using OBD reader.
Any clues as to what the problem may be would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dave.

I would start with the basics checking the spark plugs for condition and look at last time you changed them. Maybe worth checking and cleaning the throttle body flap with a cleaning spray (any bit of dirt can cause issue) and also check the coolant temperature sensor as it sends the ECU the signals for the air / fuel mixture and timing setting. You can carry out a simple test using a multimeter and placing the sensor in ice cold water reading ohms valve and in boiling water and you check against the spec. The Haynes Manual will give you the various temp ranges and what the ohms value should be. Otherwise you can get a sensor from GSF for around £20, but best to test the old sensor first. Good luck

Back