K12 micra running rough/not starting

I never really turned to asking on the forums as the issue shows itself quite easily usually but I’m lost on this micra and could use some help, it’s a 2003 1.4 K12 SX.

I will hopefully have videos attached but basically it ran fine for ages, but suddenly during a drive we started to lose power. At first it was like limp mode. But over an hour it started to bog down even more and just died , it would start but die quickly or run at 500 rpm, felt like 3 cylinders.

Now anyone would assume it could be spark or even fuel.
A few months ago- However I had issues with this car before where it would lose power, (not to a standstill, not every time atleast,) when it gets hot after a while of driving, and turning it off and on quickly would get it to work.
I thought it might be spark plugs so I replaced them and tested the plugs, the spark was great but the car still died when it got hot.
So I tried taking the fuel pump out to inspect it and it looked fine, putting it back in it ran fine for days after that until one day it suddenly bogged and died fully after a fuel up 20 mins ago, so we suspected that we put diesel in the car by mistake and got it cleaning the tank out, but really all the fuel smelt like petrol and evaporated quickly..
So I just bought a spare fuel pump from a scrapyard to put in as mine didn’t feel solid anymore, and that fixed it ever since.

But fast forward to now where it’s barely starting and running rough, I ruled out the spark plugs and fuel as I’ve already replaced all that and tested it again, so I thought it must be air, maybe MAF or throttle body sensor, when I first tested the car after it died with my diagnosis reader ( I got OBD2 and manufacture diagnostics, live read etc) but I only used OBD2 here I got codes for multi cylinder misfire, and an ECU code (maybe it could’ve been water damage? But the ECU looked dry and fine when I unplugged cleaned it and plugged it back in.)
And most of these codes I got might have been historic codes, so when I cleared them and ran the car at idle while it was running rough with an engine light, no codes came back up.
(I have one ongoing code for an oxygen sensor or my cat so that might be the engine light)

I’ve started tinkering with the big air box ontop of the engine, cleaning the throttle body, and even finally bought a whole scrapyard box with sensors and not even that worked.
I haven’t tested any sensors and I’m not sure how to when they’re plugged in.
But unplugged the MAP sensor while it runs sometimes did nothing or sometimes made it die, during my testing it was running rough the whole time, but towards to end of my testing the car wouldn’t start at all, so now I can’t get it to even run even if it’s rough.

And honestly I’m lost on what else to test from here and I don’t really wanna throw anymore money at it however this is my only car so without this I have nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back