k11 suspensions

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
Oh yeah, I'm talking about stock, as in the different types of suspension it's got etc.

Anyhow, found it on the article section.

Front suspension Macpherson struts and swaybar
Rear suspension 5 link beam axle with panhard rod and swaybar

I was thinking if they have any advantages compared to independent suspensions etc.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
the front have the macpherson strut setup and rears have a seperate captive spring and strut setup. To straight up replace them is pretty cheap ~$80-100 a corner i think? (not sure as i had trade prices quoted)

nsm on here sells KYB lowered struts,
lovvell or king springs are options for lowering.

If you want a stiffer adjustable ride your best bet is on justjap.com.au and get a set of BC coilovers for the micra/march.

Whiteline has a decent range of other handling parts, nsm can help you out with that too.

Your best bet is to use the search feature on the main page. there is a multitude of threads on coilovers vs lowered strut spring combos and any other options for different suspension.

frank2 on here and Lowmicra have used daewoo matiz struts to drop there cars by about 4" with some rethreading and spacing sleeves. there are many options it just depends on your skill level and how much you want to spend.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"na man... most compact cars run macpherson even the colt evo. independent are mostly found in bigger cars. though Mini does too and Honda run independent both F+R in most their cars.

Are you suggesting that the macpherson strut type suspension in the front of a micra is not independant?

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
no i going on about the rears. never seen non independent fronts....k11 fronts arent as good, as oppose to dual wishbone...camber always slips, min adjustment and stresses top mount/joint. but then again its only a small car and dont get me wrong i love them micras.

Back