K11 mods using k12 parts?

Just a thought - do any of the suspension components (springs, dampers etc) from a k12 fit on the k11?

Also, would there be any other mods that could share k12 components?

Cut them...

I've considered this... Don't really have the tools (or a garage at the moment), and tbh the prospect scares me a bit - reckon there's any garages that might consider doing this for me?

How many coils would I take out to get another 10mm drop out of them? - also would I need to swap out the stock shocks?

Garages would promptly say NO.
it is a simple process.
i was afraid of it at first and just couldn't get my head around it, till i drove Markbognor's motor and it all changed trimmed mine down a bit and i think it's enough for normal driving not too firm and less roll so i am happy :D
Also using the stock shocks & springs.

Garages would promptly say NO.
it is a simple process.
i was afraid of it at first and just couldn't get my head around it, till i drove Markbognor's motor and it all changed trimmed mine down a bit and i think it's enough for normal driving not too firm and less roll so i am happy :D
Also using the stock shocks & springs.

Think I need to find me a local MSC guru to help with this :p

Bar the CGA the K12 is pretty much a renault clio is it not?

Shaun means cut your stockers, not the K12 springs as well I think, I had to go back and re-read to be sure.

There's no black art to it. Just cut some off, use a bit of string/paper/flexible tape measure to mark then the same, a few mm difference will make no difference to how it sits. give the ends a bit of a shape to fit the cups and round off the sharp bits and away ya go. The cuttings not really the issue, its keeping them in the cups that requires a bit of inginuity, prticuarly the rear. Check out frank/minty fresh/shaun's and mine for more info.

Bar the CGA the K12 is pretty much a renault clio is it not?

yes here,s the CR engine and g/box, very renaultesque fwn

attachment.php

I meant just the springs :eek:
and because i have only taken a little off rears seem to be fine.
Until more lowering of course. :p

Ok - had a think about this, and I'm gonna go Matiz springs at the front - but other than chopping is there anything I can use at the rear?
Got a spare set of kyb rear springs -30mm so I could chop those? - I guess the rears will be easier to fine tune chopping wise, since I can get these on and off the car pretty easily (only on street parking round my end :( ).

Ok - had a think about this, and I'm gonna go Matiz springs at the front - but other than chopping is there anything I can use at the rear?
Got a spare set of kyb rear springs -30mm so I could chop those? - I guess the rears will be easier to fine tune chopping wise, since I can get these on and off the car pretty easily (only on street parking round my end :( ).
The rears are by far the easiest. we had em off and back on again within half hour.

Yeah that's what I was thinking - at least if I build up some shocks with the matiz springs first I can get them whacked on in one go and forget about them as it were.

Got some spare front shocks, just need to get my hands on some top mounts and the matiz springs and were in business - might be a while though as I'm mega skint at the mo... even having to sell my new wheels :(
Hence why all this lowering business is having to happen on a shoestring budget :-s

On the up side, once i've done the change over of parts, I'll be able to sell on my spax -35mm springs and re-coup some of the money

Back