K11 Electrical Problems

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on possible causes.
While I was trying to fit some prefacelift tail lights into my second facelift K11, something came up and so I just put everything back the way it was meant to go and connected the original taillight back up.

However, now the:
FRONT SIDE LIGHTS
REAR TAIL LIGHTS
REGISTRATION PLATE LIGHTS
DASHBOARD LIGHTS
HEADLAMP BEAM ADJUSTMENT MOTORS

only work when I apply the brake.

Can someone offer any advice on possible causes or places to look?

Hi,

Just looking for some advice on possible causes.
While I was trying to fit some prefacelift tail lights into my second facelift K11, something came up and so I just put everything back the way it was meant to go and connected the original taillight back up.

However, now the:
FRONT SIDE LIGHTS
REAR TAIL LIGHTS
REGISTRATION PLATE LIGHTS
DASHBOARD LIGHTS
HEADLAMP BEAM ADJUSTMENT MOTORS

only work when I apply the brake.

Can someone offer any advice on possible causes or places to look?
The earth is in the wrong place. Just match the black wire position on the new lights to the original car loom and go from there

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

The earth is in the wrong place. Just match the black wire position on the new lights to the original car loom and go from there

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

Thanks for the reply Liam as always!

I haven’t actually installed the new lights yet, still on the old ones.

Today, I realised I was using single filament brake light bulbs rather than the double filament (I must’ve put the wrong bulbs in when I was messing around) - I'm an idiot I know!

So now I’ve put the correct double filament bulbs in but now the side lights, dash lights etc don’t work at all (not even when I apply the brake)

Will look at the earth.

Last edited:
Back