K11 carbon fibre bonnet

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
Would it make any weight differences and who makes them? I know it would have to be reinforced with fibreglass, am I right?

The idea of a better weight distribution made me think of it.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
Theres only one in australia I'm pretty sure, ndxxx owns it, budget around $900-$ 1,000 for one from japan via container.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
im umming and aahing about bringing one over, thing is i dont like the carbon fibre finish :S wierd i know id probably paint it, the weight saving would be well worth it though

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
If it's from Japan, they are heavy for carbon bonnets, (circa 7kgs v's around 12kgs for a standard bonnet). Not sure why they are so heavy, perhaps it's a legality thing.

You'd be better off saving the same mass or more with a race battery and have plenty $$'s left over.

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
5kg... as much as my love for a balanced weight distribution, this does not seem to be realistic... 5kg is a bit, but not that significant, I had no intention whatsoever to get it for the carbon fibre look, I was really just bent on getting that 50/50 weight distribution... haha.

I think it's heavier because it's reinforced with fibreglass which would make it less shatter proof and agree with the rules.

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
Ok, let me go further, a magnesium bonnet? haha I would like to buy one if they don't catch on fire, but I suppose they'd be like my cameras, strong, light and not flammable.

Back