K10 Micra

Good luck....

Chance are they are all custom made for the K10, and i don't think anyone is selling one at the moment. :)

unique exhausts is just one guy, if you ring him and ask him he might make another manifold,

but its not gonna be made and sent to you, he will make it to fit your car so he will need your car to be there.

he is a proper powerflow dealer and is really good, but as for the price i dont know cause i already had a full custom stainless exhaust from him but it kept blowing from the join to the original manifold so he made the 4-2-1.

if your seriously interested then ring him.

Nice post SammoHung, glad someone had the guts to post that - what indeed makes a custom manifold a better one? Solely the airflow? Have heard a lot of people talk about the importance of one grade of stainless steel over another?

its customised to fit the specific car, its a 4-2-1 manifold so it offers far superior airflow compared to the original manifold,

pictures of my manifold

Attachments

• 456455.JPG
    456455.JPG
    477.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 2343434.JPG
    2343434.JPG
    453.8 KB · Views: 224
the balance of exahust are complex. u need to create a vaccum(sp) in the exhaust so when the exhaust ports open then suck out all the burnt crap so it can be replaced with unburnt fuel. this is cause by back pressure. this is y somthing like a 2.5 inch all the way back isnt a good idea. no back pressure. the vaccum also helps to pull the fuel and air mix into the combustion chamber as the valve openings over lap. so the custom / Performace comes from beeing able to get rid of the burnt fuel quicker and suck in more of the unburnt fuel. hope this make sence and im sure ed will correct me if im wrong

a quick question?? is it true that the exaust pors are the same shape and distance apart on the k10 as the k11 they just have different mounting plates???

mine isnt a 2.5" , thats obviously far to big and suited for a 120+bhp turbo engines,

my exhaust does have a bigger bore than standard but not that much bigger.

so the oval ones would fit over the circles has neone tried. i heard that if you could get a k10 mount welded onto the end of k11 maifold pipes it would fit

paul_k10_Lx said:
the k11 janspeed is set up for high flow

and mine isnt then paul?

to modify a k11 janspeed would more than likely cost more in the long run and be much more hassle i mean they cost 200+ to by brand new anyway! trust me I've looked into it before i got mine.

theres no point trying to cut a few corners to save a few quid.

Mark: Sorry to pry, but What's the small dark thing that looks like a small performance filter...just by your timing belt cover?

and cheers for the info on the manifolds guys

thats a K&N oil breather, because i have a HKS style air filter the air pan was removed so i needed an aftermarket breather

AAAHHH, ofcourse!...i could have worked that out if I was sobre!!...lol

Nice mod with the air filter and the manifold...what kind of performance efficiency improvement do you get....and have your mods changed the sound of your engine much?

Also, what are your emissions levels like in the MOT....i'm tempted

Cheers

Yeah the manifold does give some performance increase and yeah for the price you are better off seeing if you can get one made rather than modifying a k11 one which would probably end up costing the same or more. However, if you really want power try and get an inlet manifold made up too, as this can be quite restrictive, and both custom ones should see a fairly large increase in power. I have a 4-2-1 custom one on mine, which is just about identical to Marks and it does help compared to a standard manifold, just depends how much you wana spend really.

Emissions shouldnt be affected, but as for noise mine actually went quieter when driving normally but when you floor it the noise was louder.

i found the 4 branch makes the car rev easier and has improved power definatly.

Back