Just got a new exhaust

yeah, I figure it might give it a nice tone, but being a standard bike exhaust it shouldn't be too loud.

Does anyone know where I can get new exhaust rubbers?

Halfords / anywhere really

It doesnt mention dimensions so would be interesting to know how big or small that is. It might make your car sound like a moped!

It's off a 1000cc ninja so hopefully it won't sound like an angry bee in a can. It only cost £20 and I need a new exhaust anyway cos the last one has split along the whole length,
I'm gunna chop about with a bit of pipe, and the bracket looks to be in a good position.
If it's too loud I'll buy a Db killer and chuck that down the end.

That's a standard can, it will be almost silent, bikes only have one silencer and a really short exhaust so the silencer will be extra quiet on a car.

That's just what I wanted to hear, However I think it will balance out as I want to remove the cat shaped object near the downpipe, although I'm told my car doesn't have a cat...

Nope you don't have a cat on yours, well you shouldnt have! get a photo for us :)

First box:
13-07-07_2024.jpg

Second box:
13-07-07_2025.jpg

From the back:
13-07-07_2026.jpg

its the same as a 'cherry bomb' in effect.

it has a perferated tube down the middle with wadding around it, i chopped mine outand had a look.

I'll leave it then, but that centre box has to go, i will replace it with a real cherry bomb.
Freeflow, but restricted enough to pop on the deceleration.

mines straight through to the standard backbox, which has had all of the wadding removed. sounds mint and pops on letting off

2 stroke is a bad idea on a 4 stroke engine as 2 strokes are tuned to have a reverse pressure wave, this doesn't help when trying to remove gasses.

2 stroke is a bad idea on a 4 stroke engine as 2 strokes are tuned to have a reverse pressure wave, this doesn't help when trying to remove gasses.

This is tuned by the expansion chamber, 2 stroke silencers are generally straight through perforated tube. I'm intrigued to see what difference this can you bought makes, I would have gone for a race can and put a cherry bomb up close to the front pipe. Make sure you post up the results.

I have just discovered that first 'cherry bomb' box is actually an exhaust resonator. Which is a very effective silencer. :D

Back