janspeed again please :)

Bump again please, kp6fs what happened to to your barn full of Micra bits matey,you still got anything left?

Could do but I've removed front cat internals so now there's no seal and it's blowing :( tempted to just get a similar 4 branch of a 106 or similar and try and cut and shut it ?

t that link Frank 109 quid fir an awesome looking primera one! We are literally getting are pants pulled over for a piece of waank mild steel jobby! 590 pound plus postage for janspeed stainless!!!??? Wheres the reasoning behind that

Ok theres more demand for other cars BUT.. If the prices were bought down then more people would buy and then the demand would be there!! F00cking ridiculous if you ask me, has any ever tried a janspeed of a 106/ Saxo before? Would it be hard Frankenstein?

its stainless, better than mild steel, lighter,and dont rust as easy,

i read somewhere a guy called big cheif used an mg zr manifold on his cg13de mini, had to cut and shut but might be an idea also:eek:

its stainless, better than mild steel, lighter,and dont rust as easy,

i read somewhere a guy called big cheif used an mg zr manifold on his cg13de mini, had to cut and shut but might be an idea also:eek:

i know the materials are better i was more talking about the quality its been done. welds, lining etc.
and i heard about that mg manifold aswell.

see i dont understand why making a manifold is so hard.....i mean a length of 45mm mild steel pipe from my motorfactors is only £8.00......and all you need is a pipe bender and a welder.

My mate is make me a rear section from mild steel when we do my engine transplant....cus the janspeed 1 is fudging expensive.....shall i ask if he could mock up a manifold......he knows what he doing as he recently fitted a RB32 engine into his Nissan 180sx by himself (Y)

yeah ask him,if it sells for the right price he will have a list as long as he wants with people throwing money at him for one!!ask him please

itd be worth just asking your local stainless exhaust place to give you a price im having one made in stainless for a shade over 200 quid, cash to one of the blokes in there he's doing it in his spare time? like jas said stainless tubing isnt expensive you just need someone with the know how to make them?

just a thought, i didnt think id be succesful but then you dont know if you dont ask?

cheers

good point,ive been told it takes a day to make, its not cost effective as they could make say 600 pound doing too or 3 exhuast for cars and they wont do it for sub 300 when they can make double doing less difficult stuff

i can use a soldering iron, would that work? ha ha

i have successfully succeeded in everything i try so with time and patience (and a welder!!) i reckon i could get somehwere!?

scopez has his ga16 stainless big bore 4-2-1 that hes not using seeing as hes turbo.... so im gonna borrow and look at how much work its gonna be to adapt, i know the ports are further apart BUT it might be doable by cutting and turning the 90 degree bends enough before the elbow

then the height of the 1.6 maybe bigger so an inch or so might need cutting out to shorten, just an idea, ill find out soon :)

Bare in mind dude that 45mm system is good to upto 125 ish BHP....the Ga16 im guessing uses a wider diamater pipe?? So you may loose power if you go to big.......People can correct me if i am wrong its just what me and my freind was talking about last week.

Im using franks mani he made me and he widened it only a bit but it will do for now......If i can persuaed my freind to mock up a manifold in either mild or stainless......then i will start a thread on it and ask for peoples input e.c.t

thats what i was told by our exhaust place, it doesnt take long but compared to the time it takes to make a stainless say catback system for your local chavved up corsa its not worth there while? the one near me is quite busy so he just said he'll get to it when he can but he will do it, i also left a standard manifold for him to use as a guide for the mating face with the head, youll probably find alot of people wont mind doing it as its something different from just fitting up sytems,

No literally anything matey, regardless of make etc, not fussed if it's a custom diy jobby either!! Pleeeeeeeaaaassseee

Back