is there a easy way to clock it from 55k to 85k miles?

This is what I did when I had to change the millage in my new clocks:

If you undo the four screws on the back of the instrument cluster to remove the speedo portion of the clocks.

Then use a thin screwdriver or similar, layed on its side and then twist (as if turning from horizontal to vertical) to prise one end of the crimped metal to release the bar, that holds the mileage wheels in place. I only released one end of the metal bar and just levered it out just enough to allow the numbered wheels to be moved.

Then you can carefully spin the wheels until it reads the correct mileage. Line up all the cogy bits so that they engage properly (this bits a pain as it can turn the numbers slightly, so keep double checking they are still lined up) once all the cogs are back in place slot the metal rod back in place and use pliers to close the metal end again.

Hopefully that makes a bit of sense. lol

Ah but the reason I was swapping mine was for the clock and trip counter so HAD to change the mileage. lol

fair point, but you didn't have to change the mileage, it's not illegal to put in an odometer with different mileage, it's only illegal to miss lead a buyer into thinking that the new mileage is genuine.

Back