Irony

Glad that none of your friends weren't seriously hurt, but can you see the irony in the last two posts? Let the hue and cry go out to test all young drivers every two years and see what sort of reaction you get. Fact is, young drivers wreck more cars and kill and maim more people (mostly themselves) than any other age group. Fact also is, you can test a driver, of any age group, one day, he/she passes, and the next day he/she could be involved in an accident. Testing won't prevent Fate from taking a hand.

S

Glad that none of your friends weren't seriously hurt, but can you see the irony in the last two posts? Let the hue and cry go out to test all young drivers every two years and see what sort of reaction you get. Fact is, young drivers wreck more cars and kill and maim more people (mostly themselves) than any other age group. Fact also is, you can test a driver, of any age group, one day, he/she passes, and the next day he/she could be involved in an accident. Testing won't prevent Fate from taking a hand.

S

Yeah I agree. Everyone below thirty should have to catch the busfwn

S

I dont think fate has anything to do with it really, (I'm not even sure the concept of 'fate' even exists) but facts do dictate that younger drivers are most likely to be involved in an rta than older drivers, I know both places that 5ilver micras friends crashed, both places are notorious blackspots that catch many drivers out, young and old, perhaps the accidents might have been avoidable with a bit more experience on the road. I do however think that the press in general sensationalise the older driver in this sort of situation as they see them as an easy target. Yes there are older drivers that should be banned from the road, but there are also younger drivers just the same, I think the major problem in driving standards is that younger drivers tend to think of themselves as 'immortal', I know that I did when I was in my teens and twenties, whilst older drivers know only too well the fragility of life as they have a lot less left so tend to make sure they hang on to what they have got. Rant over. :D :D

I think the problem is simply that theres too much "stuff" going on in a lot of young peoples lives and that makes us not think sensibly at times...

I dunno how to explain... but I mean, most guys are starting to find girls and do stuff with them at the same time as they are learning to drive/passing(!), then theres other guys who like the same girls and some guys like to see how fast their car is compared to their mates... to older people its all a bit trivial, because they have seen it all before, had those experiances, and have "grown up" in both senses of the term...

But the fact is, young guys show off.... not every single one of them, and not any particular one of us.... but at some point everyone shows off. Some people get a bit carried away and thats when accidents happen...

Edit: I say guys in particular because we have a different set of feelings which make us statistically more likely to crash...

Back