Induction issues

anyone else noticed a steep drop in rpm at idle after installing an induction kit?

Also - what the heck am I supposed to do with the pcv valve pipe? - there's nowhere to plumb this in on my kit...

just leave the pipe on the left hanging and the pipe on the right (top of the rocker cover) you will need an oil breather and as for the low rpms at idling im not sure what that is, you sure you didnt knock the throttle cable at all?

just leave the pipe on the left hanging and the pipe on the right (top of the rocker cover) you will need an oil breather and as for the low rpms at idling im not sure what that is, you sure you didnt knock the throttle cable at all?

dont think so - just seems odd this started happening since I fitting the kit - might try putting the standard box back on for a few days and see if it changes anything

someone told me there k11 rpm at idle was low after fitting an induction kit...i have never noticed it myself though. just one of those things, it shouldnt matter :) should be fine. it might sort itself out over time.

someone told me there k11 rpm at idle was low after fitting an induction kit...i have never noticed it myself though. just one of those things, it shouldnt matter :) should be fine. it might sort itself out over time.

Well I've plumbed the pcv pipe back in to the top of the induction kit, which made a bit of difference - but I've had to up the idle a bit to help it out because it was seriously low! - worse still in the dark, with the wipers heaters and stereo on.

Gonna change the plugs tomorrow to complete the service, see if that helps things at all - failing that I might go back to the factory airbox with some holes drilled behind the filter :p

Well - as a little test I've gone back to the factory airbox.

It's early days yet, so I'm going to drive around for a couple of days and see what happens, but I did get thinking about something that was mentioned earlier in this thread:

as for the low rpms at idling im not sure what that is, you sure you didnt knock the throttle cable at all?

I'm wondering if I might have done... there's quite a lot of slack in the throttle cable at the butterfly end (I know there should be some slack - but not sure if this is excessive or not)...

Any thoughts?

Well, the problem still exists... so I've no idea what the hell I've knocked out of place.
Gonna check all the vac hoses tomorrow to see if there's any leaks.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Back