Increasing dial light spread

skymera

Brutal Honesty
After fitting new white LED wedge bulbs to my dials I'm finding that the top of the dials are fairly dim and general light coverage isn't that great.

I have 4 bulbs fitted, is it possible to add more?

If I get the bulb carriers, can I simply twist them in a place with no bulbs on the back of the clocks?

dials.jpg

Pic found on this forum, credits to whomever it may belong to!

the ones in the pic with no bulbs in are the handbrake wrning light and main beam warning lights, they only power up when either of them are on, model dependant there may be a couple the same. i dont think there are any spare general illumination ones available. problem with led's is they focus the light pretty much directly as you look at them, not much angle on them. may be better switching back to filament bulbs. or drilling through the top cowl and adding some more leds

Thabks

I bought wedge ones which supposedly had a wider spread of light.

I'll get some more types of bulbs and try themc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

I just have 4 wedge type LEDs like I linked you.

Light spread is ok but another 1 or 2 would even up the light distribution (Only 4 bulbs standard). Might be doable for someone more clued up.

I just have 4 wedge type LEDs like I linked you.

Light spread is ok but another 1 or 2 would even up the light distribution (Only 4 bulbs standard). Might be doable for someone more clued up.
I bought mine for a guy on here called Jasperfoxx and he had done a led conversion but not like bulbs its like strips of LED's glued behind the dials. Light spread is excellent! I could get some pics up if your interested :)
Here's what the spread is like. A lot brighter in person!
105_0008_zps83f3bb6e.jpg

Back