increasing bhp

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
I dont want to spend that much to increase bhp, I have a air cone what else fairly cheap can I do? backbox etc?

Unfortunately tuning is usually a case of YGWYPF - i.e. you get what you pay for. Without forking out for a manifold, cams etc there is not much you can really do to see a noticeable improvement. Certainly a backbox and air filter alone on my car have not made much (if any) difference in the past. If there was a 'cheap fix' that would be great, so if you find one do let me know!

Full exhaust system, its the only first step. A backbox wont do anything on its own thats why you wanna get a janspeed manifold or similar.

Then get some bigger injectors and poss some cams and get Ed to tune that beast!

1. forced induction kit -£40 second hand

2. back box with de-cat pipe -£100

with a forcded induction kit and janspeed bckbox i made 10bhp with print out to prove. :)

1. forced induction kit -£40 second hand

2. back box with de-cat pipe -£100

with a forcded induction kit and janspeed bckbox i made 10bhp with print out to prove. :)

When you say 'Forced Induction' what do you mean? Turbo kit? Had cold air feeds on mine but didn't really see any real improvement.

Back