Importing Beloved Micra K11 2000

L

Le Belge

Hello,

I arrived in the Uk with my Belgian Micra. I would like to keep it and in order to do that I need to register it in the UK.
Can anyone help me doing that?
I know I need to change the speedo, the front light and install a rear fog light.
Do you know if I could just add the mph to my speedo or do I need to buy a new speedo?
Any tips for the front lights and rear fog?
I wanted to install a rear fog light in the center of the bumper.

Le Belge

Hello and welcome :)

I think you can just buy a different dial background for the speedo, which will just convert the KM to MPH. You can buy a rear fog light from most shops that sell small car parts, like halfords or even try online at e-bay.
As for the lights, i pass on that one!!! I think they need to be angled differently, but not sure how! Again though, have a look for uk ones on e-bay. Would probably pick some up for around £70 :)

You could pick up all you need from a scrapyard mate. You should be able to get a dial cluster from a UK Micra and it should just work, same for the headlights and foglight. In fact I have a set of UK spec rear light clusters if you're interested :)

What year K11 is it?

James :)

Thanks for the help.
The Micra is a 2000 (1998-2000) model which means that the speed is the one with the digital km.

I would be interested in the rear lights cluster.
Can you tell me how much they would be?
;)

Ooooh, digital!! Best get down the scrappy then. You'll get ripped off buying new. Try and find some with approx the same milage as yours. And expect to pay around £20 for them. Also get the rear fog light, they'll only charge you a few quid for one of those :) And front headlights too, not sure how much they're charge for them tho!! Buying it all together will be cheaper though so try and get it all together :)

How's £30? They're pre-facelift lights but they'll fit fine :)

Right hand side (with foglight):
110466569_ea2e511dab.jpg

Left hand side (with reverse light):
110466524_ffff2a9957.jpg

You will also need to chnce the wiring if you fit UK-spec rear lights as the foglight wiring goes to the wrong cluster, shouldn't be too hard. I am pretty sure that if you intend on keeping the car in the UK for longer than 6 months, then you need to get a SVA test to check that it is UK road legal - I think that they will be able to sort out your speedo, but that will cost bucks.

I'm not too hot on digital speedo's, but doesn't the 'mileage' get stored in the ECU? You may need to go to Nissan to get that sorted, your cluster may need/get different signals, you should get a digital speedo from a scrap yard and test it to see if the speedo/odometer function correctly.

This website will tell you everything you need to know (albeit confusingly)
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motorin...hicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/index.htm

Craig

Thanks James, it is a nice offer however I prefer the facelift one.

Craig and Ems, I think I'll try a scrapyard and see what I can find.
Does anyone know any good place?
I live in Wheatley near Oxford and I am working in Swindon so any place near those two location will be fine.

Le Belge

scrap yards

Give Greenwoods in Garsington a ring 01865 361204 they are your closest scrap yard. If no luck at Greenwoods try Aylesbury Auto salvage they will difinately have your bits 01296 469740. Your car will conform to EU spec so it should just be a case of registering the car with the DVLA and getting a current MOT. You will have to change the head lamps so they dip to the left and fit a fog lamp to your passenger side. Go to the DVLA website all the information is there.

Back