Ignition & Door Locks

TimmyB

Club Member (Trial)
Hi,
I just got given a K11 Super S, not sure on the year yet as I haven't had time to look at the vehicle properly. It is pre face lift though. The guy that gave the car to me has lost the keys. o_O Am I right in assuming that if I have a key cut from the drivers side doorlock that it would also fit the ignition. I just don't want to take the ignition out, or replace it if it can be helped.

Thanks
Tim

you might have to go to nissan as it may have the dreaded N.A.T.S system in it quick way to tell is that there might be a transponder ring around ignition (black circle) if this is the case then nissan it is

Just been to have a look at the car, and nope didn't see a black ring. I still just need to know if the key from the door lock will be ok. What I have found is the key no. which is x 7798 so may just pop into Nissan here in germany and check. The other thing is that it is a W reg so that would make it a '95 model??

I'm just going off the service docs. The car is english, but its been BFG'ed (British Forces Germany) so I don't have a V5 unfortunately, cause it will have been classed as exported from the UK. The 1st service on the otherhand was in 1995 yet the registration on the car is W. Very confusing! Nissan here quoted me 80 euros for a key with NATS and 20 without.

The car is on the barracks at the moment but will be popping up later to have a look again, and if have to get the door lock out. I'll post some pics as well

Ask nissan what info they need to give you the right key. I would image a vin number would be sufficient to identify the age of the car, the key required and the type. Best bet, tell nissan the problem, and find out what they can do.

No plates on it, just the way it works here. You have to return the plates when the car gets sold or transferred. I've just spoken to someone who owned the car when it was new. Apparently the only immobilizer it has is one operated by a little key fob which goes into a slot just below the ignition, just above the fuse box cover, so now all I have to do is get the key cut and then it'll be easy from there. Luckily the lil fob is still there. He also said it is an M reg which will tally up with 1995.

Yeah, M is 95. I was just wondering about the plates because it might of somehow got registered as a military vehicle (go to war in a micra????) and they have special numpber plates.

LOL :grinning: no somehow I can't see that happening. I'm military myself, and our personal cars still have UK plates, they just classed as export on the DVLA, so we loose our V5's but gain a different document which is basically the same

Back