How To Get Past NATS....

if you fit a prenats 1.6 ecu to a prenats k11 it should work ok
but if you fit a nats 1.6 ecu to a nats k11 you would need recoding
and the prenats pinout/wiring is different to nats :eek:

well im fitting a pre-nats 1.6 ecu to a nats micra. what will be stopping me from starting the car

the pinouts/wiring on the ecu plug are different stani (have you got ed,s nats and no-nats wiring diags ?)
and sr20 t/b ftw anyway :cool:
attachment.php

Attachments

• k11 n1.jpg
    k11 n1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 820
so basically replace that part of the loom? from ecu through bulkhead and up to injectors. and the reason im asking this is for much bigger and better things as you'll all see in the near future ;)

so basically replace that part of the loom? from ecu through bulkhead and up to injectors. ;)

i dont know mate :wasntme:, you would have to study those 2 wiring diags to work out which wires to alter (there are some old threads about it somewhere)

well if you think of it this way, the ecu plug pinouts are different, so to change the plug just change that part of the loom. its only a 10 minute job. the only thing is the other part of the loom, the one that goes from the other connections near the ecu up to the dials/etc. i may have to change that too but ill try and work something out :)

after having a quick look at the diagrams it looks as if there is an extra wire on the ground of the injectors on the NATS one, it comes outta number 12 where as on the NON NATS number 12 isnt used so....

the way my car is now im going to disconnect number 12 pinout and plug in the ga16 TB and see what happens lol

you may be right stani (Y) those sr t/b.s are a popular upgrade with the oz guys eh (direct fit without hitting the fuelrail etc), i might have a tinker with one next week :wasntme: (food for thought tho eh stani ?)

well i shall update on my progress, i may need to remove number 12 and earth it elsewhere. as for the sr20 TB i have a spare one and the red side fed injectors ;)

I fitted GA16 TB and injectors to my NATS Micra and it worked nice, but the ECU will be a hard work to make fit, but i think i have the solution, when you get me on MSN say something...

Back