How many bolts?

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I was checking out my micra today properly for the first time and it seems there are at least 3 bolts missing out of the bumper, what's the minimum you can get away with? It hasn't fallen off with my, erm, energetic driving style but I am still slightly worried lol

Also behind the grille there are 2 holes just next to the headlights, what extras are these for?

you can get away with just 2 bolts in the middle of the bumper, and 1 ither side in that bolt to the wings under the archs...my front bumper on my black k11 was cable tied on where the wing bolts used to be and that was fine lol.

and iam not sure what you mean about the holes behind the lights :S

Well the bumper bolts up in the centre (these 2 are missing) and near them there are holes for 10mm bolts, I'll see if I can get a pic at some point, what optional extras would be behind the grille?

there should be six bolts in total in the middle of the bumper :) if its been held all this time with some missing bolts it will be fine.

iam not sure what would be behind the grill :S

Hmm maybe they are bumper bolts and the brackets have snapped, I'll have to get the bumper off and see what's what

as far as iam aware theres no bumper bolts behind the lights...i have removed facelift bumpers and prefacelift bumpers. i know the washer tank bolst behind the drivers light. but theres nothing there on the passagner one.

Back