help

mario1293

Ex. Club Member
hi, i need help on perfomance parts for a 02 micra :p please could some one help me cause i dont have a clue on were to start :L

Well judging by your age, performance mods would be a bad idea, as your insurance premiums would go through the roof :eek:

Parents are like that mate. Leave it stock for a couple of years, build your experience and NCB up (Y)

haha yeh i no but at my age u want all these things but police now just look at me and think boy racer so they pull me over cause of my car lol

Yep, I hear that. I used to get pulled over all the time in my Micra for that exact reason - it looks like a boy racer car. Now however, I get pulled over in my BMW for looking like I might have stolen it - I guess it doesn't help looking young, and maybe I need to start wearing a suit and not camo shorts and a vest :laugh:

But there are quite a lot of cosmetic modifications that you can do to Micras that won't hike your premiums up :grinning:

Haha I started driving when I was 20, in a stock (had no thoughts of modding back then) K10 1.2. In beige.

I had that car for 3 years, and the police pulled me over a total of 3 times in that time, asking me every time "is this your car?" I couldn't help but tell them "no, I saw this lovely car and STOLE IT". I once almost got done for wasting their time, and told them they'd wasted mine. Again.

I had a lot of fun in that car - days out to the seaside, evenings "out" with girls, 6-hour drives to nowhere with a mate of mine. The point is that you don't NEED to do those mods until you have the experience and age to not pay through the nose for insurance. You'll be gutted having paid £3,000 for a premium and getting £200 off the insurer when you've written it off.

Just get a decent stereo and uprate your speakers, add a sub. You'll enjoy the drive SO much more with decent sound, and the sub will add a few BHP ;)

Oooh, a beige K10 :laugh:. I've done that before when I've been pulled over - told them pretty much the same thing and nearly got arrested for it. Cops don't seem to like smart/sarcastic people. They're only wasting their own time. And it was all about the long drives, still is in fact (Y).

And as funkydoody says - just get a decent headunit, some better door speakers, some 6x9s connected to an amp, a sub, and also do a few free cosmetic mods (de-bumpstrip, open-mouth bumper, open-mouth grill, window tints, tinted headlights/siderepeaters/brake lights, remove the rear wiper), and you're good to go (Y)

My K10 came with a radio only (not even cassette deck), and ONE speaker, which was hidden in the dash. Needless to say it wasn't up to my needs. I had to completely wire in a headunit (power and ignition control were ok, but no speaker cables or anything), and jigsaw out some holes for speakers in the front doors and parcel shelf!

It was all the better for being my own (and my cousin's) work.

Back