help wanted

M

micra mike

hi i have a white micra super s
i have had 110mph in 4th gear at 6000rpm
but when i put it in to 5th the speed drops and 5th gear does not pull how can i make 5th gear pull.
an ideas will help

cheers mike

5th gear won't really pull as it not an accelerating (Sp?) gear.

Get the 1.6 TB and ECU and then you'll get a better pull through the gears, but NOT a higher top speed.

ok cheers mate is that good though 110mph?

on the motorway it will pull in 5th gear but takes to long but like when your racing i got into 5th and drop speed so i keep it in 4th now

I presume this is a track your talking about as street racing on the MSC aint allowed ;)

Anyway, aye its a good speed, but don't do it too often or it will go bang!

not that i condone driving that fast but i would say that it is esential to change into fith keeping the revs above 5K any less *and i would guess* that the revs will drop back to 4500 ish. also fourth gear should drive you right up to 120mph in the correct conditions ie no wind loads of road.

as i say tho fifth will only pull above 5K rpm or down hill lol

micra mike said:
ok cheers mate is that good though 110mph?

on the motorway it will pull in 5th gear but takes to long but like when your racing i got into 5th and drop speed so i keep it in 4th now

ive had 112mph from my 1ltr, no bull. i have evidence to back it up. of cousre on a disused run-way on private land with onwers permission tho

a picture of a speedo isnt suffiecent evidence.

Anyway, 5th is known as an overdrive gear i believe. To really accelerate in that your going to need POWER, full exhuast, good intake and a remap should put you in the right direction.

hughes_16v said:
ive had 112mph from my 1ltr, no bull. i have evidence to back it up. of cousre on a disused run-way on private land with onwers permission tho

That i Really doubt!!

I've been off the clock in 4th @ 123 MPH and that was at Crail.

Dunno what i'm at tho cause when its off the clock it there for about 10 secs, and it's still pulling! The joys of a Primera box!

ive had 115 out of my 1.3 sr with a little help from going downhill and wind :)

Back