Help! Please

hi I've only been driving two days and I've traveled to see my partner and on way there I think I've been flashed by a speed camera. I was to busy paying attention to the sat nav when I seen the flash when I look up I was doing 50-60 mph and it was a 40 zone domes anyone know what kind of plenty I will get?

Depends on the area but you may be offered a speed awareness course. Most areas offer them as long as you were doing less than 10% + 9 if I remember correctly (so 53mph in a 40) if not it will be the standard £60 and 3 points and then a very nervous rest of your 2 years probation where 1 more ticket will lose you your licence!

If there was a camera in it, about £100 and 3 points. A lot don't have cameras in them now.
Depends on the area but you may be offered a speed awareness course. Most areas offer them as long as you were doing less than 10% + 9 if I remember correctly (so 53mph in a 40) if not it will be the standard £60 and 3 points and then a very nervous rest of your 2 years probation where 1 more ticket will lose you your licence!
Damm I'm really worrying. It's not my area I was flash in it was Lancaster in northwest I'm from Durham North East England. I was to busy looking at the sat nav and the cars built up speed. Then I saw a flash twice and when I looked at my speed I think I was doing around 55 so may of been 60

You're more than likely going to get a nice letter from the plod, fines went up so it'll probably be £100 plus 3 points, if you think you were doing 60 in a 40 zone you won't get offered the speed awareness course

10% +3 round my area of Manchester and they'll let you off. Any more up to the +9 and its speed awareness. After that you're nicked my son. Welcome to the wonderful expensive world of motoring.

Don't worry about it bud, it happens to every-one. I've been flashed a few times - so what!
Some-ones got to pay for plods tea and biscuits.
Cheers matey just been really worried about it think I'll get loads of points but hopefully it be 3 points at the most

Back