Help!! please my cars misifirng

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
O.k heres the situation. My car started to misfire on cylinder 1 only so i thought could be injectors, plugs or leads but plugs and leads are good the injector is still in the socket but using a multimeter i checked the voltage on ignition and crank and was getting 5v and 9.2v on both injectors one and 2 so assume the rest are the same.
Just to eliminate the injector totally I plugged the injector plugs into a spare primera fuel rail and injector too spits fuel but when injector 1 plug is connected to same injector on the primera rail i get no fuel. But why is it getting a voltage then but refusing to spit fuel out??

What could it be? I am leaning toward ECU. Only problem is my car is Nats so plugging in another ecu to check is a prob but i might be able to get a mates ecu in and his nats key to check. No nats ecu didn't work as wiring is different.

What else could it be?

Thanks for reading my problem. I really can't figure it out?!! What else could it be?

jabran200

i think the injectors are metered by voltage duration not voltage value ?
if thats any help ?

jabran200

i think the injectors are metered by voltage duration not voltage value ?
if thats any help ?

basically the reading from both injectors 1 and 2 was the same going up and down I have no clue how to read the duration.

you need to scope the injectors to get a proper reading

a simple easy method you could do

is move no1 injector and no2 injector around
if the miss goes onto no2 cylinder then the number 1 cylinder injector is fubard
if the miss is still on no1 injector then carry out wiring checks if everything else on the engine is fine

oh my days, all you do is swap the injector in the fuel rail

paint mark number 1 injector
remove both number 1 and number 2 injectors from the fuel rail
put paint marked injector into number 2 hole in fuel rail
put non paint marked injector into number 1 hole in fuel rail
connect them up as standard

if the fault moves cylinders then its the injector at fault!
if the fault stays on number 1 cylinder then its something else like wiring problem somewhere or ecu failure etc

to get the screws out use mole grips on the head of the screw to undo them before you round them off or you will need new ones when you come to put the screws back in

oh my days, all you do is swap the injector in the fuel rail

paint mark number 1 injector
remove both number 1 and number 2 injectors from the fuel rail
put paint marked injector into number 2 hole in fuel rail
put non paint marked injector into number 1 hole in fuel rail
connect them up as standard

if the fault moves cylinders then its the injector at fault!
if the fault stays on number 1 cylinder then its something else like wiring problem somewhere or ecu failure etc

to get the screws out use mole grips on the head of the screw to undo them before you round them off or you will need new ones when you come to put them back in

I understand what you want me to do (I wanted to do this initially) but the screw that holds the injector into place in the rail are hard and won't budge.

solved it. Thanks for your input guys. Turned out to be the ground on the injector so i spliced into injectors 2's ground and all was good again.

Back