hanbrake cables

no actually the handbrake cable is different for the pre facelift than the facelift as me an mat found out when i needed to change the old car once on the car you cant take it off and back on again where as as far as i know for a face lift you can

no actually the handbrake cable is different for the pre facelift than the facelift as me an mat found out when i needed to change the old car once on the car you cant take it off and back on again where as as far as i know for a face lift you can

:k10: yeah but the fittings a still the same right?

It would help to differentiate between the 3 cables on the handbrake…I can see this getting confusing...LOL

I have the face lift (“facelift” HAHAHA lol what a phrase)

Cable to the rear OS :
Same for all ? Is definately removable atthe mid coupling. not sure if it is removable at wheel end

Cable to the rear NS
Same for all ? Is definately removable atthe mid coupling. not sure if it is removable at wheel end

Centre cable:
Same for all....not too sure about this ? Is definately removable atthe mid coupling. ….Is riveted to the handbrake lever though. I had to drill/saw mine out when I had to replace this cable…..& when I got the new one fitted, I think it was a little too long?? (had a kink in the outer sheath when fitted

cant remember all i know is mat needed one and was guna take it out of the pre facelift and found he couldnt i may be wrong and it may just be the fact its riveted to the lever in that case you cant change it from one to another anyway you would have to get a new one in that case you would not need to know if there all the same as you just ask for one giving them ur cars year/model

It would help to differentiate between the 3 cables on the handbrake…I can see this getting confusing...LOL

I have the face lift (“facelift” HAHAHA lol what a phrase)

Cable to the rear OS :

Cable to the rear NS

Centre cable:
Same for all....not too sure about this ? Is definately removable atthe mid coupling. ….Is riveted to the handbrake lever though. I had to drill/saw mine out when I had to replace this cable…..& when I got the new one fitted, I think it was a little too long?? (had a kink in the outer sheath when fitted

cool! thats exactly what i wanted to hear thanks bud

hi guys let me clear up what paul said, the cables ARE NOT!!! the same for the facelift and prefacelift, this is because the pre facelift(PFL) rear drums are different to the face lift (FL) one's in that the cable is mounted on the PFL and FL diffrently the centre cable may well fit all models but the other cables wont fit and i have tried to do this ;)

its the way in which the cable mounts inside mate, also the way in which the hub inside is mounted its a bit hard to explain with out a picture mate but they are quite different

its the way in which the cable mounts inside mate, also the way in which the hub inside is mounted its a bit hard to explain with out a picture mate but they are quite different

:down:grr so that means the ones ive got coming wont fit my hubs ?the cables on mine have bosses on them that bolt to the back plates

more than likely they wont fit then mate, the FL cable does not bolt onto the hub (although it sort of looks like it does) it works alot like a bicycle brake cable where as the PFL cable mounts to the hub slightly differnetly, if you need help getting the right cable let me know, iknow a good online shop that does them very cheap.

i wish i had a picture of an open hub to help explain better

more than likely they wont fit then mate, the FL cable does not bolt onto the hub (although it sort of looks like it does) it works alot like a bicycle brake cable where as the PFL cable mounts to the hub slightly differnetly, if you need help getting the right cable let me know, iknow a good online shop that does them very cheap.

i wish i had a picture of an open hub to help explain better

hi speedle could you give me the name of the on line shop thanks scoot

yes mate its http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ i get all my k10 brake bits here as its one of the cheapest places and stocks rare and hard to find bits they should have all the handbrake cables if it s not listed give them a call and they can order in excellent service :)

thanks mat for sorting this out i just recalled u trying to get the one off my (pfl) and realised it didnt work

Damn, I've been lucky then. I always ordered cabled without specifying it was for FL or nonFL. Then again, I have the nonFL so maybe those are just the more common ones sold or something.

Back