Gearbox died... anyone got a 5 speed box?

What's wrong with it fella? Can you get it repaired in time? I got my box reconditioned instead of replaced.

depending how much your willing to spend i might have one, i dont sell things like these cheap as there good to keep in stock

Looking for someone to supply and fit before the weekend - last time Ed charged me £150 for the box, new oil and fitting, and thats about my max budget. Arnold where did you go and what did you pay? Fordy how much to supply and fit? Thanks all! :)

ps. I think the torque is what is killing my gearboxes, it broke when pulling off in 1st gear - goes into all gears and the car still rolls which my equate to a snapped planet shaft. I am not 100% sure. I can hear the gearbox rattle when I start then engine now.

i need to see what condition its in at the moment i dont want to sell you a box that will blow up down the road thats all

K10 Paul's gearbox also died from torque i think after the manifolds were changed.

Anyway, i paid £150/£175 to have the gearbox fixed up. That did not include Ed's cost of fitting / removing it and taking it to the repair company for me. They were called Hardy Engineering in Leatherhead, and when i rang, had refurbished ones already waiting to sell - £300+ though!

Ems, it cost me just over £300 for the whole lot, because Ed fitted a crap box first and charged me again to remove it. Also had to change the gearbox oils twice.

Will an autobox take the torque? Anyone selling a cheap 5 speed car/ box?

Arnold did the £150 include leaving the car with them or do they just want the box?

How does Ed cope with power and is the a gearbox converson for the Micras?

Thanks all :)

ST Gearboxes are different. They have similarities to the Bluebird, which i believe is a 1.8 (more power)

With Hardy, they want just the box. You have to remove it before going over there

Looks like I won't be at JAE then! Ahhhh, thats a shame plus I'll probably brake the car before next year if not sooner now!

K10 Paul's gearbox also died from torque i think after the manifolds were changed.

pauls clutch and gear box were knackered well before he fitted the bike carbs

Will an autobox take the torque? Anyone selling a cheap 5 speed car/ box?

Arnold did the £150 include leaving the car with them or do they just want the box?

How does Ed cope with power and is the a gearbox converson for the Micras?

Thanks all :)

no one has tried a gearbox conversion on the k10 as far as i know, the sunny n13 gearbox may have internals that fit the k10 bell housing but someone would have to try it to find out. when i was checking the n13 i did notice the gearbox had similarities to the k10 one (i.e size, diff placement etc)

no one has tried a gearbox conversion on the k10 as far as i know, the sunny n13 gearbox may have internals that fit the k10 bell housing but someone would have to try it to find out. when i was checking the n13 i did notice the gearbox had similarities to the k10 one (i.e size, diff placement etc)

if anyone has a k10 box that has had it namely the bearings or a syncho gone and then the b13 box in the same kinda condition id love to try get them to fit together

Back