fuel cunsumtion

CMF_skitdigital

» CMF Member
My k11 only do 8Km per gallon.Wtih high fuel prizes This is very hrd for me.I love my K11 and i inted to keep it.so if any one know how to lower my fuel cunsumtion Ples help me out.Do i need to re program the onbord computer? Plese if any one can help me with this i will be glad,please before my parents sell my belved K11.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
8km on 4.5L (1 UK gallon) of petrol sounds impossible (56L per 100km), unless you have a fuel leak somewhere or somebody is syphoning your gas.

8km per litre, would be 12.5L per 100km. Consumption like this, associated with any of:
the check engine light coming on either all the time or intermittantly,
motor running rough,
cutting out,
not starting reliably,
engine miss
probably indicates faulty temperature sensor and/or MAF problem (see throttle body resoldering guide)

If you mean 8L per 100km, that's more believable & wouldn't be unusual if the vehicle is being driven in heavy traffic around town on short trips.

CMF_skitdigital

» CMF Member
nz_aj WROTE:

"8km on 4.5L (1 UK gallon) of petrol sounds impossible (56L per 100km), unless you have a fuel leak somewhere or somebody is syphoning your gas.

8km per litre, would be 12.5L per 100km. Consumption like this, associated with any of:

the check engine light coming on either all the time or intermittantly,

motor running rough,

cutting out,

not starting reliably,

engine miss

probably indicates faulty temperature sensor and/or MAF problem (see throttle body resoldering guide)

If you mean 8L per 100km, that's more believable & wouldn't be unusual if the vehicle is being driven in heavy traffic around town on short trips.
Sorry I confused gallons and liters.Its 8km per liter Is it ok for a k11 or can i lower it?

CMF_Micra Nut

» CMF Member
i get 530 kms to a full tank. i have a manifold, back box, induction kit, 14'' alloys with 185/50 tyres and lowered. Never worked out to the litre what i was getting but cost about 34 euro (57 dollars) to fill my tank. Im happy with it. mates newer k11 uses alot more that mine for some reason

Back