Flushing Raditor

Did a coolent change a while back.

1-Make sure the car is cold

2-Remove the cap

3-Disconnect the top pipe that joins to the radiator

4-Disconnect the lower pipe that joins to the radiator

5-Wait until alot of coolent has fallen on the floor (dont do this on your drive)

6-Using a hose pipe start flushing the radiator

7-When you believe all the gunk is gone reconnect the hoses and start refilling the radiator with coolent and water. Then do the expansion tank.

8-Take the car for a spin, then recheck the coolent as i will put money that it wont be as high as when you left.

There is different views on whether you can flush the engine, i went with the no camp and didn't flush mine. Think Matt Humphries said it could be done but Nissan don't recommend it (i think).

Mike,

Aye i heard that to mate. Right cheers, will get it done over the week i hope, have so much to do like in two days!!

Cheers Mike ;)

Titch :kungfu:

Bleed the system. And wait for the fan to come on before you take it for a spin, no fan means an air pocket blocking the system

you can get some radiator flushes where you put it in then run the engine (instructions on bottle tell you how long for) then chnage the coolant like normal

K10Daz said:
Bleed the system. And wait for the fan to come on before you take it for a spin, no fan means an air pocket blocking the system
system doesnt always need bleeding. air pockets dont always happen. but if the blowers dont get warm and the two pipes going into the bulkhead to the heater matrix dont get warm, then bleed. till they get warm!

Nine times out of ten you will have to bleed the system if you have pulled off a hose and let air into the system, if u take the water out something has to fill it. And it doesnt always come back out as easily, its safer to bleed the system anyway instead of trial and error, only takes a few seconds anyway! Its always been the method in my workshop anyway

Ah hah just the thread I was looking for!!! Ok so how are the pipes connected?? Jubilee clips?? The car doesnt need jacking does it?? Can the lower pipe be reached by shoving your hand down the engine bay??

More importantly... how much do I put in?? Dilute it or use it as it is?? Thank youuuuu

depends on the coolant your using, you can get ready mixed or you can get concentrate. Cant mind off the top of my head the mixture, we jus fire straight coolant in at work and bleed the system, you cant have too much coolant to water mixture. Keep an eye on the expansion tank dont overfill the max mark m8.

Daz

Back