Engine Rattle Noise :(

Hi there, i am new member on this site. i have this problem for nearly two months now so i need a help from you guys? do you think that i should change new front panel and lower cross member.

i will upload........

Sorry guys i got work at 5.30 until 10.30 so i will upload this video later on. still loading on my youtube account so i can't wait (i got to go so i will be back after 10.30)
thanks guys

The sound was from outside. I filmed inside cos it was rattle noise and also the engine was vibrating. I will upload again in tomorrow morning. Those people who got earphones or headphones then you will hear it hopfeully.

Does it rattle only at certain revvs? I can't hear anything on the video but I am suspecting a loose heatshield?

I will check it out tomorrow morning. No it was happen when I was waiting or to stop somewhere when the engine is running. Thanks

i cant find any solution at the moment so i will need to replace new front panel, lower cross member and new full exhaust system in soon. (these are very poor condition in my micra atm)

Hi, i am going to upload another two vids. i just found out that lower cross member may become loose support with engine and its bad corrosion.

lol, that subframe/crossmember has detached completely eh jk ! so the rubber mounts at the rear of it will be metal to metal (and causing vibration)

P9190101.JPG

lol, that subframe/crossmember has detached completely eh jk ! so the rubber mounts at the rear of it will be metal to metal (and causing vibration)

View attachment 21028

So it's been like 2 months now. Is my engine mount getting already damaged yea? All I need is to change new front panel and lower cross member. Do I need to get new engine mount? Please can you advise me thanks

So it's been like 2 months now. Is my engine mount getting already damaged yea? All I need is to change new front panel and lower cross member. Do I need to get new engine mount? Please can you advise me thanks
you will just need new rubbers and nylon inserts jk, they will probably be worn away now because the weight of the engine pushes the frame forwards without the front bolts holding it in place

yea your right frank so i need to replace another rear engine mount and replace new cross member. i saw it today so it was snapped so i will fix it on this mon

you should lose that vibration when thats sorted mate :) i had to do both my k11,s, and it made a hell of a difference

Hey guys again... I think I got problems with my engine :(

There are problems from my engine.

1. When I drive with gas pedal. Sometimes it sounds like hissing

2. My engine is shaking sometimes so it must be damaged engine mounts. ( will check it tomo)

3. When i drive or stop with heater blower on so it sounds like chucking.

In feb 2011, it was about 69000ish miles. Done about 3 services. In now, it's 91126 miles so I know it's big miles. Is it can be oil cos it's low level atm. What about timing chain/belt and water pump? Never change any new belts, chains and waterpump. Btw Previous owner don't look after this car very well.

Will upload vids today or tomo hopefully ( need to film in quiet area)

Does anyone have these problem before? Or can anyone help me out please?

Thanks
Jk

Sorry, my engine bay is so dirty cos some mud guards are missing :(

this vid: start the key with engine running

more vids are coming soon (its uploading atm)

R-REG-SR said:
water pump squeek , loose chains ? and some mud flung on top :) mud mun

Can be though. I got donor engine 1.0 so I might swap it for temporary weeks. Then I can rebuild my first engine and order new parts too

my chains rattle until warm or tensioner starts working? then smooths down. i think its normal

is you engine smoking ?

R-REG-SR said:
my chains rattle until warm or tensioner starts working? then smooths down. i think its normal

is you engine smoking ?

It was nosing chain from cold start to warm. I am not sure about tensioner :S

No, there is no bad smoking.

Maybe I need to change new belts and water pump. Btw my oil level is low so is it make my engine's chain noisy when it's low oil?

and also i dont want to go to my uncle who is mechanic. he told me if i got problems with micra then he will ask me to get different car not micra :(

Its not the chains anyway. Try getting a new alternator belt first. Sometimes they just get squeaky with age, the rubber goes hard and perishes. Chances are its still the original belt and well past its best.When you have the belt off, start the engine briefly and if the noise is gone then you are on the right track. Spin the water pump by hand and listen/ feel for anything odd. do the same for the alternator. If they feel ok then put the new belt on. DO NOT overtighten the belt, you will certainly kill the water pump bearings that way

Its not the chains anyway. Try getting a new alternator belt first. Sometimes they just get squeaky with age, the rubber goes hard and perishes. Chances are its still the original belt and well past its best.When you have the belt off, start the engine briefly and if the noise is gone then you are on the right track. Spin the water pump by hand and listen/ feel for anything odd. do the same for the alternator. If they feel ok then put the new belt on. DO NOT overtighten the belt, you will certainly kill the water pump bearings that way

thank you very much Lord Lucan. will do it soon :)

I found that my ear mould is crack so it will pick very funny sounds :( I check with my engine today so these chains are ok atm.(need more oil :rolleyes:)

will check with this water pump, these belts and alternator on this mon

i cant do anything until 2nd feb (i am driving everyday atm)

my car will be off road for one month :eek: cos the owner is going to holiday for one month. finally, i can take a rest for one month :p so i can spend my time on my project :D;) :):cool:

i found a spare ear mould so i can hear better now. :rolleyes:

i found my problems..... its water pump bearing and also need new belts too. these chains are very good to this age.

at last, there is a stupid noise like boiling point steam noise..............
its happen when:
  • i start my car when its cold
  • changing gear from 2 to 3
  • reversing
its similar to this thread: http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/hissing-sound.34087/#post-372058

solution? anyone can help please?
i think it can be somewhere in exhaust system.

thanks
jk

I took my uncle for a spin. He just told me about this stupid noise (like boiling point steam noise). it got to be with belt slipping... what do you think?

Back