Electric windows!!

I would think yes but surely it's easier to get the relevant parts from a breakers, then you know they're made for your specific car.

If i were you id get the original Micra window regulators!! if you can get them which am sure someone will have some for sale somewhere, these kits are total sh1t, they dont last long at all, but if its the only option then make sure you get them fitted correctly!.

J

That kit looks pretty damn kool! Must say might be easier to fit the original micra kit but sources one might not be as easy?

SuLuR, it is easier with the original micra regulators but the kit is seriously a bad move, if its a temprary thing then be it cos there realy not worththe time, as says a while ago, i was an auto electrician and i fitted toms of these as customers brought them to me and i advised them not to fit.. so i did, one scenario - it was raining and window did not work, motor overheated and failed, the thermal switch in the motor melted which is the overload switch..... the only window kit i would use is made by BERU but are hard to find....

Here is a micra regulator on ebay, email the geezer ask him if he has a complete set and ask for discount...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Mi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c0154ad0

J

SuLuR, it is easier with the original micra regulators but the kit is seriously a bad move, if its a temprary thing then be it cos there realy not worththe time, as says a while ago, i was an auto electrician and i fitted toms of these as customers brought them to me and i advised them not to fit.. so i did, one scenario - it was raining and window did not work, motor overheated and failed, the thermal switch in the motor melted which is the overload switch..... the only window kit i would use is made by BERU but are hard to find....

J

My bad, thought it was a good idea for those without leccy windows.

I had winder windows in my old micra, and my current one has electric windows. I considering converting mine to manual windows for a few reasons 1)less to go wrong 2) I have some fancy alloy winders that i cant fit 3) manual ones are make the car a fair bit lighter without the motors 4) personaly, i prefer oldskool winders 5) when the windows are frozen up and you flick the switch it pretty much instantly pulls the runners off the bottom of the windows ( i currently have no windows i can put down untill i fix them both!), with manual ones when you feel the resistance, you stop.

I know its all down t individual choice, but personaly from my experience, id choose manual windows over electric ones.

I don't even know what goes into a full genuine set and how much I would need and how it comes apart or how to convert the manual wonder to the auto and most importantly how to wire it up

I don't even know what goes into a full genuine set and how much I would need and how it comes apart or how to convert the manual wonder to the auto and most importantly how to wire it up

If thas the case, then get this electric window kit and get someone who knows what there doing and just hope they last!! i personally like luxury like electric windows, power steering and my newest addition to power is electric mirrors, (not that i really need them, but to know i have them is kool) :) for an electrican to wire and bolt that gear up will charge you approx £130 maybe more the side panels come off and motors are bolted behind then theres the cabling to run thru the car across the other side so it takes time, in all honesty doing alot of it takes me about 2 and half hours could be less at times depends what you come up against!!

J

I had winder windows in my old micra, and my current one has electric windows. I considering converting mine to manual windows for a few reasons 1)less to go wrong 2) I have some fancy alloy winders that i cant fit 3) manual ones are make the car a fair bit lighter without the motors 4) personaly, i prefer oldskool winders 5) when the windows are frozen up and you flick the switch it pretty much instantly pulls the runners off the bottom of the windows ( i currently have no windows i can put down untill i fix them both!), with manual ones when you feel the resistance, you stop.

I know its all down t individual choice, but personaly from my experience, id choose manual windows over electric ones.

common k11 rule elec or not elec when frozen leave em closen :)

I pretty much know what I'm doing fitting ad stripping wise just the wiring will be a challenge I have a mate that knows what he is on about though :)

just to share a thought, I've a set similar to those installed, I'm no pro but the way I installed them turned out easier than expected. Has been in the car for about a year soon. One prob I faced, though now seems gone for a while...I don't know if it's the cause or partially..here in Malta we get tremendously hot summers as some of you might know..and the window rubbers turned kinda gummy..only at the inside of the rubber channels at both sides of the window, and this in turn makes it way harder to windw the window up...I did use all kind of lubes which fix the prob temporarily...but got me to believe that wd40 and wurth stuff did worsen the situation after they dried up with dust sticking on.. once I had to pull out the rubber wash it thorougly but the stickines remains...

I don't believe this has anything to do with elec windows..as with manual winder I could have never noticed and IIRC they were never smooth..considering the rubber is 17yrs old..but apart from this elec windows work beautifully and finally I can open passenger window at any time. depends how you wire these, I wired them to work apart from the ignition therefore with no key these would still work...whenever the motors are without power I run the car up and they get more juice to wind the windows up.

what I bought was a 2 door power window conversion kit from unitedauto off ebay US for 54quid

Thanks for the info bro I don't think I have to worry about the heat in the UK :D will be ordering a set when I get some spare money as project micra has Been put on the shelf for a while :(

Thanks for the info bro I don't think I have to worry about the heat in the UK :D will be ordering a set when I get some spare money as project micra has Been put on the shelf for a while :(
once you get hold of em' pm me and I'll remove the door cards for you and snap some shots, but be advised I'm no pro DIY, I head for functionality most of all.. ;)

Cheers,
Ian

funky2nite said:
once you get hold of em' pm me and I'll remove the door cards for you and snap some shots, but be advised I'm no pro DIY, I head for functionality most of all.. ;)

Cheers,
Ian

That's the only way forward, thanks bro

Easy job refitting the windows....... use double sided carpet tape in the runner and they will stick forever....they have for me through rain and ice, frozen windows and so on.
Also if your runners are a bit dry.....use candle wax to lube them...better than wd40 and should last a long time.
Happy fitting...takes about 10/15 mins.

Easy job refitting the windows....... use double sided carpet tape in the runner and they will stick forever....they have for me through rain and ice, frozen windows and so on.
Also if your runners are a bit dry.....use candle wax to lube them...better than wd40 and should last a long time.
Happy fitting...takes about 10/15 mins.

I have the loose windows problem in my super s project also, was thinking the double sided good ( 3M ) tape. The manuals are better for icy conditions, you can feel with your hand that is it safe to try to open or not ;) ....the powered ones don´t feel any mercy :)

For the original post, use the original ones....aftermarkets are not that good.

Back