Electric Sunroof ?

A while ago i bought an almera GTi which had an electric sunroof just wondering if anyone has done the convesion before and if anyone has and info or tips for me :)

cheers

A while ago i bought an almera GTi which had an electric sunroof just wondering if anyone has done the convesion before and if anyone has and info or tips for me :)

cheers

I think pollyp had done something similar to this, check out his blog

here's a link to my blog bout it
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-5#post-398820

with afew minor adjustment the motor from an almera sport fits & engages with the k11 sunroof frame.
if ur sunroof slider mechanism hasn't been used for yrs, it may help to give it an overhaul so the motor doesn't have to work so hard. but if u just need the motor to simply tilt it up/down then its no prob.
note that unless u can mod the roof lining to fit around the bulky motor you may have to either cut a hole in the lining and leave it exposed or just leave it off like mine.

Cheers ive just been on your build i was thinking of installing the whole sunroof out of the almera if its the right size and using the plastic surround from the almera roof, If that doesnt go to plan I may have to copy you ;)

Back