Do it yourself valet

Has anyone ever spruced up their car's interior by valeting it themselves, i.e. cleaning the seats and/or the carpet with anything?

I noticed my seats getting a bit grubby and wondered if anyone had gone about trying to valet themselves? If so - what products did you use?

cleaned up your seats well? Any pics?

Attachments

• micar2.jpg
    micar2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 150
  • smashed bumper.jpg
    smashed bumper.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 142
  • smashed bumper2.jpg
    smashed bumper2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 137
I've valeted my cars interior about just over a week ago... with the valeting machine at work.

Basically it just sprayed the solution on.... rubbed it into the seats, and then it sucked the water off the seats to dry them. :)

They did come up very nice. I suppose you would be able to find some propper upholstery cleaner in Halfords... as sometimes in the past I've just mixed some 'Vanish' and Washing machine conditioner with water and applied it to the seats. :)

-Elliot

Hi

I rented a carpet cleaner from homebase before and not only did my house carpets but did my cars interior too.

It was great...I was disgusted by the dirt that came out!!

Its best to do this on a nice day and try to leave it to dry a bit before sitting on the seats...or just lay a towel over it if you have to.

The other option is a foam upholstery cleaner I got in halfords...you spray on...use the brush attached to scrub it into the material and then leave to dry and hoover...

This worked ok on spot stains or spills but I like to do the proper clean sometimes.

Kim

Back