dizzy mod

this obviously sounds like a stupid question..... what sort of tape should i use to remove my rev limiter?

just to eliminate smartarses, i know its got to be "sticky" tape! should i use insulating tape though, or duct tape or aluminium tape.....

Found out a way too get your silly tiny bolts out then? haha.
I used duck tape. Silver.. No idea if it makes any difference but it worked.

yeah ive been and ordered a 5.5mm socket! called up machine mart..... useless. tried halfords.... what a waste of time! eventually found a place called parflo, where they've ordered me one. should be here in a few days, at the great cost of £0.85

that is not a typo

1) can make it to 60mph in 2nd, thus reducing the time it takes by the duration of a gearshift from 2 to 3 (over .5s, probably closer to 1s.)
2) rev matching on downshifts
3) the noise!!!!!!

1) can make it to 60mph in 2nd, thus reducing the time it takes by the duration of a gearshift from 2 to 3 (over .5s, probably closer to 1s.)
2) rev matching on downshifts
3) the noise!!!!!!

Depending on how much power you are making and where will more than likely mean revving higher in 2nd will result in a slower 0-60...

unlikely. the time it takes to shift from 2nd to 3rd in my car takes a while coz the linkage is pretty worn.

in any case, i'm removing the rev limiter because I WANT TO. I am interested in mechanical experience and knowledge, not necessarily making the 0-60 time 0.001s faster.

finally, it does 57 in 2nd anyway at 6800, 60 is only around 7150rpm.

unlikely. the time it takes to shift from 2nd to 3rd in my car takes a while coz the linkage is pretty worn.

in any case, i'm removing the rev limiter because I WANT TO. I am interested in mechanical experience and knowledge, not necessarily making the 0-60 time 0.001s faster.

finally, it does 57 in 2nd anyway at 6800, 60 is only around 7150rpm.

Removing it because you want to is fine, no-one is disputing that.

i just wonder what goes through peoples heads when they ask "why are you doing this?" i wouldnt be doing it if i didnt want to!

well maybe but you know its done 95000 miles, and its got knackered engine mounts. (which i can feel even more now the wheel change has happened! its almost like a track rod-end fault coz you turn in, then the wheels turn in more. its a really wierd feeling trying to drive a winding road, i haven't dared try the cat&fiddle yet!

i just wonder what goes through peoples heads when they ask "why are you doing this?" i wouldnt be doing it if i didnt want to!

What was going through my head was 'I wonder why he's removing the rev limiter'. If you want to thats fine, i just wondered if there was a specific reason for it like you had certain other mods that would mean removing it is actually beneficial. I haven't done so because you loose power towards 7k so there's really no need, its there to save your engines life anyway.

What was going through my head was 'I wonder why he's removing the rev limiter'. If you want to thats fine, i just wondered if there was a specific reason for it like you had certain other mods that would mean removing it is actually beneficial. I haven't done so because you loose power towards 7k so there's really no need, its there to save your engines life anyway.

yes its there to protect the engine but all motor engineering is overbuilt by a multiple of at least 1.4. on a micra that means you can probably get away with around 9500rpm, on a NEW engine. obviously this will come down with engine wear.

yes its there to protect the engine but all motor engineering is overbuilt by a multiple of at least 1.4. on a micra that means you can probably get away with around 9500rpm, on a NEW engine. obviously this will come down with engine wear.

Back