decat any help

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
so yesterday i decided to decat my car but now it jus sounds horrible. it use to purr now it jus mumbles it still ticks over nice, but soon as you rev its horrible anyone else encountered this problem.its a standard sized pipe ive used of a micra will go bigger when its turbod please help its annoyin.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
sarge3uk WROTE:

"so yesterday i decided to decat my car but now it jus sounds horrible. it use to purr now it jus mumbles it still ticks over nice, but soon as you rev its horrible anyone else encountered this problem.its a standard sized pipe ive used of a micra will go bigger when its turbod please help its annoyin.<BR>

which cat converter did you do it to?

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I did a dyno run with and without a standard cat with a 2" flange and it made no difference. A turbo car would be different. As Fred points out a turbo'd car will be quieter as the turbine acts to muffle some sound.

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
That's interesting, we did tests with and without the standard cat on the competition system and it stole a noticable amount out from the top end powerband. The car was mapped without the de-cat in place, with the standard cat it sounded pretty much the same, (but the Group A system is only 88dB on track tests anyway). It was still good across the midrange but started to drop torque from 5000rpm. The cat is however old and could have been restrictive in more than one way I suppose. We do however run the car with the cat off, as it's always faster on laps.......and it doesn't stink when you come back into the pits lol!

Back