Datsun Boot

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Come across a Datsun boot in a Billy Bridges Scrappy in Peace Pottage, Crawley if anyone is interested! Looks very good condition.

See picture

9.Datsun_boot.jpg

Tbh, that car was immaculate. Had some sill repair work but i couldnt see a reason why it was there! Engine may have been nackered, but didnt look bad. Official Nissan parts & performance leads too so probably well looked after

If i was still gonna spend loads on my car, i'd have had that myself and got it sprayed up, but im not! which is why i've posted it here.

bloody hell thats mint for a b-reg they seem to get alot of datsuns down bridges ive seen at least 4-5 in the years i been there, any other good finds mate?

Quite a few K10's but nothing special. That was the best of the lot! We bought the rear lights as u can see, along with the joint front indicator/side lights & it had champion performance leads too.

No reason why not. The k10's overall shape never changed from Datsun through to post facelift. Even the march, ST, etc were all the same shell

did you ask how much he wanted for it at all, quite interested as im in need of a boot

if you fit a datsun boot the rear lights may need changing as the datsun rear lights are smaller than nissan k10 lights.

Na they'l fit fine. The depth of the lights is the only thing different.

If you do need datsun lights tho, it just happens that i have some for sale soon ;)

datsun rear lights Are SMALLER than nissan lights this also means the body panel line that goes across from under the lights across the tailgate will look to high on a nissan micra

so this tailgate will fit but the tailgate lines will make it look out of place

DSCF0019.jpg

Its quite easy to visually see the differences and use your imagination to swap parts over, using the above image. :)

i agree with fordy on the lights, the datsun lights are smaller, the lower metal panel on the datsun is taller to accomodate the lights and it lines up wth the datsun boot. it is not a case on the facelift micra that the lights simply hang over the lower metal bit thus covering it up, it has a completely diiffrent lower metal bit, the datsun lights may fit in the facelift micra but there will be a void on the lower section which will equal uglyness

i dont know if this is the case on a pre facelift micra as i havent compared that but its definatly a no go on a facelift

Nothing will need to be welded etc. Ok the lines on the car wont match up but they're still the same brackets & fitment!

Back