cv joint rubber thingy!!please help

martinb

Ex. Club Member
my drivers side one is split and will fail its mot so need to know where i can order one new from or if anyone has one for sale,cheers

It will be a CV Gaiter that you're looking for. I tried eBay but I can't find one. They aren't expensive, but you need to pull the drive shaft out to replace, I think.

thats the name!! got short term memory loss for a second.

havent tried main dealers yet was hoping somone had one, have you seen those universal ones before,are they any good?

ah blinding,cheers joe,appreciate it

couple of questions

my front sub frame thingy is rusted to ####,is that a complete mot failure,

joe i know you did yours from reading through your blog,how much was that?need to get it sorted asap really as mot in about a month

also got to swap back to standard mani as panicking it will fail on emmisions

car keeps cutting out since new manifold on so might just sell it one,the manifolds is excellent condition just dont think my car likes it much?

front crossmember and panel cost me about 40quid iirc. then i put it on myself.

from breakers yard im guessing,just a pain in the arse

tempted to get a mint facelift with low miles,then swap my bits over and prefacelift the front end

then go for the sr20det conversion!!

easier said than done though:wow:

if your CV boot has been broken for a while then the joint is most likely dry of grease. Take it off and clean it before putting it back on, it will be full of grit most likely. Check if it is okay at this point, might be best to replace it as Shero said.

I found when I did mine I had to get a genuine nissan one because the little clip thing (forgot the name) that comes on the original one was broken and doesn't come with the none Nissan ones.

Back