Cutting springs method help.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I've heard you can do it without removing them from the car, but I've also seen the damage an uncontrolled spring can do so can someone talk me through this so i don't kill myself or someone 2 counties away.

i did it on my old super s, :wasntme: ground 1/2 a coil off the bottom of the front spring then flicked it out, then another 1/2 a coil etc
but this leaves the "stickout tail bit" on the lower spring perch, which does,nt seat properly tbh, ( and very close to the tyre :eek:)
ideally a cut spring should have the end "reworked" (red hot then bent nearly flat) so that it fits the perch properly, or 2nd best the cut end should be at the top (well away from the tyre)

Yeah, have the struts off, compress the springs so the top is free and then chop a bit off. finnish the cut end so that it is blunt not pointy! You can drill some small holes next to the spring in the cups and put afew wraps of wire round to hold them in. rears come out easy - and are even easier to get back in. straps round the axle (see my lx blog) or modded shocks (see franks) to stop the rears falling out.

Already know how to mod the shocks for the rear so looks like thats what i'll be doing.
I know how to cut them normally i was just trying to be lazy haha.

Back