credit cards

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
ok guys when i get my k11 i dont have alot of cash so was thinkin of puttin an exhaust and tints on a card! what do you's think of this idea??

if you want. But thats gotta be £400 of work, can you afford the card payments so you are not stuff on interest?

aye man, just when i sell i will have moeny for sounds, and rims mibi seats to! it was just a thot a dunno man lol a mite use it to easy....

Make sure you get one with with a long interest free period, I worked in a bank and it's amazing how many people get caught up in the spending, keep the limit low, if they increase without telling you, which happens alot, request it to be lowered back, setup the direct debit for minimum payment atleast, don't wanna miss the deadline and get a charge but also make a payment when bill comes through.

Credit cards are only good for short term use, if you think you're gonna spend £1000+ then a loan is best option

if you can afford to spend on a credit card and pay it off in full each month thats the best option. You have more rights this way and you get bonuses for using the card.

debt is a downward spiral as I have found out :( Im crap with money and impulse buy and think about concenquences later I love to shop :D

People start saying credit cards are for small buys and emergency's but a person idea of an emergency changes, my Download ticket was an emergency :D

yeah why not...you dont have the money so use somone elses :)

my overdraft gets hammerd when i get on ebay :D

Make the most of an overdraft like i do. I personally feel a credit card is only good as a replacement for a debit card, as long as you're good with money and could pay it all off, instead of just the minimum payment.

My card was frauded out of nearly two grand last year and it took months to get the money back, at my expense.. If that was a credit card, they wouldnt have made me pay for the transactions - so thats one definite good thing about having one

James said:
Ditto, I agree there, credit cards are a bad idea if you're prone to splurging, as i've found out :blush:

Heh, just turned 18, still in college, no job, friday afternoon, brand new two grand credit card, thank you very much barclays.

Monday - just turned 18, still in college, still no job, brand new two grand credit card maxed out.

One month later, late payment fee, over my limit fee thats £50 gone... :D

Still paying it off now - admittedly with interest frozen and at £10 a month, credit cards are bad things!

2 good points there, crediat card companies are insured and they know if someone is frauded and they sort it, that customer will have faith in that company but krian states a good point too.

Really though it the use that makes a credit card good, can't blame credit companies and the cards if the user can't stop spending or make payments.

I find it easier to use a card if I buy something that would take 3-4 months to pay, ratehr than waiting use a credit card but it's easy to not make the larger payment you know you should.

Just comes with financial experience and working in a bank showed me a wide variety of cicumstances that people were in.

fraz_micra_88 said:
cheers guys, think i mite just leave it and save....hate wating tholol

I think its best I cant save and Im impatient but Im 21 nearly and now in nearly 11,000 debt and it all started with a credit card

I no i just got myself deeper and deeper it actually started with a loan for the car and then I consolidated catalogues and stuff and then again it just grew and grew now I have to pay 187 quid a month for the next 5 years its a high intrest rate but my bank were the only ones who would give me credit and I got a loan for 7 grand and im paying back nearly 11

Ouch!!!! Nearly £11,000!!!!

I am young and debt free (well almost, just a small overdraft that is used every month)

Was thinking of getting a small loan to do some major micra modding, altho my bank won't give me one until i'm 21 :( Roll on wednesday :D

Back