Charlotte is severely overweight!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well Howdy all.

I found out today that nissan's quoted weight figures for the K11 must be unloaded and with no fluids. Just metal and rubber - nothing more.

BLoody charlotte weighs an astonishing 970kg (give or take a little bit, the weighbridge i went to has a bit of variance with weights under 1 tonne) with me in the drivers seat (75kg) and the fuel gauge showing 3/4 full. Yes, she's severely bloated. The weighbridge wasnt lying too much either.

Well. Thats what you get for buying a top of the line micra loaded with all the comforts and safety items I guess.

Its no wonder I noticed a performance improvement with the rear seats and trim removed.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
looks like you better start losing some weight then...haha.

if you take the fuel into account..and yoiurself..still puts it under 900kg..prob be around 850-70

which to me would be about right..wouldnt say severly overweight

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
75kg is the 'healthy' weight for someone of my build, height and age. So I dont want that to change, I just want to turn my baggage into something useful. Thats not part of charlotte's tune up though. :p

I'm looking at ways to lower weight without making it more uncomfortable. There really isnt any way to do it.

Its actually cheaper to just add more power than to make it lightweight and relatively refined. Haha bugger.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
if you want to keep all your refinement and keep all the extras you have you could focus on specific areas to gain from like a carbon bonnet to lose some front end weight, painted to body colour if you want it to look standard, and super light wheels to reduce unsprung and rotational mass.

Back