Cat cleaners.

Reading the Sunday Mirror last week, or should I say Quentin Wilson's motoring section, he's the best imo.
He mentioned a product for cleaning catalytic converters, sticky valves, and so on - Cataclean.
So, I bought some, £6 odd, put it in tonight and felt the difference immediately !! Bit more power, smoother, more torque, quieter, and so on - OR - am I imagining it ???
Anyone else use this sort of product, I'm pretty convinced on this product after tonight.

It was also said on the product forum, that, some who used it, disconnected their battery after use, and it put the
engine management light out ! gonna see if that works on mine.

If it was that good and that cheap, they'd be putting it in petrol at the pumps to some extent. More likely to be doing harm, contaminating your oil, perishing seals etc. I'd personally avoid, best way to avoid clogged Cats is to keep engin regularly serviced and in good health.

Redex works. If you take your injectors out, soak them in a bath of the stuff and use a 12v battery to open and close them repeatedly... that or a small ultrasonic tank full of the stuff (recomendation from a Hilsonic service engineer)

Redex works. If you take your injectors out, soak them in a bath of the stuff and use a 12v battery to open and close them repeatedly... that or a small ultrasonic tank full of the stuff (recomendation from a Hilsonic service engineer)
Not quite the same as diluted in petrol :p

If it was that good and that cheap, they'd be putting it in petrol at the pumps to some extent. More likely to be doing harm, contaminating your oil, perishing seals etc. I'd personally avoid, best way to avoid clogged Cats is to keep engin regularly serviced and in good health.

They already do, what you get depends on which forecourt you frequent.

Disconnected my battery, as in my first post, management light went out after being on for a year...ish. :)
I used to pay £10/15 a time to have it done by a garage, so, it works as they say. I'll wait and see if it comes back on .....like it used to. Hope not.

They already do, what you get depends on which forecourt you frequent.
If it's already in the fuel, what's the use in putting more in your car? You can probably tell I'm still cynical, but if someone shows me proof then I'll believe :)

If it's already in the fuel, what's the use in putting more in your car? You can probably tell I'm still cynical, but if someone shows me proof then I'll believe :)

For the wonderful and mighty Placebo Effect? ;)

Back