Carb cleaner

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Would you pay £27 for a can if i knew someone else has bought some and said yes it was ok? Or would you recommend something cheaper and just as good?

Cheers

Micra 110

That's stupidly expensive. Any of the carb cleaners will work fine... the Valvoline one seems ok, as does the 3M one.

best thing to use is something that treats the fuel as carb cleaner doesnt clean the jets fully just cleans the chamber etc

ages ago i used that that 2k boost, its a waste of time and is about £25, its said that it cleans carbs and get all deposites off the cylinders/pistons etc. and makes them like new.

funny cos when i took my cylinder head off my other car recently i had to really work the burnt on crap to get it off, somethink a bit of stuff in a can ill have no chance

id say stick with the stuff thats under £10

if you get some fuel additive and put half in the tank and then put half though the carb when the air filter is, it will smoke white out the back ALOT but make sure you put all of the other half in the carb and it also helps to hold the revs up aswell so the engine doesnt stall

Yeah, when someone says carb cleaner, I mean the stuff that is otherwise in an aerosol or tin and you use for cleaning the carb directly. Like Elliot says, it's much the same as brake cleaner... just a solvent for cleaning things. Those things you put in the fuel or pour down the carb don't tend to do much and cost a lot of money.

With all the problems im having with my micra, i thought i'd give redex a go today. Havent run it in long enough yet for it to filter through, and you need quite a few bottles worth for it to have any effect i think (if any) It was only a few quid so what halm could it do!

Although you're meant to put it in the fuel and let that clean the system out, it does say on the bottle you can pour a bit into the carb direct.

Just bought some carb leaner off ebay, do i just spray it through the mesh in the airbox?

Edit: whoops mega bump and wrong section!

Back