Cant Decide On An Alarm

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
hey all,

i just got a k10 for my first car and im learning to drive atm. But i dont trust the area where i live. So im looking for a decent alarm for my k10 thats not to pricey as i dont have much money due to attending college n not working.

Any1 got any suggestions??

Do you reckon you'd have the ability to wire one up yourself? Ems has one for sale from Ebay. New & unfitted. Can get you details if your interested.

I've got an ebay one in mine, and for what it cost, im very impressed!

Not too sure if i do have the ability to fit one for myself. Not that good with wires. But if there were some sort of instructions telling me where i put each wire, then it should be no problem. How hard do you think it will be to fit?
Yh im interested. Need to get one asap. Do you know what sort of alarm it is? And what sort of details do you need?

its not really to hard to fit ive almost finished doing mine, if you have no problems it can easily be done in an afternoon.

Ems has the alarm so i cant give you too much details, but it seems quite straight forward. I didnt know much about electrics when mine was installed but i feel confident i'd be able to wire one in, and im no electrician. Its quite tricky when you had central locking into the equasion, but that's irrilevant.

Anyway, you basically have the alarm control unit with all the wires coming out of it. Some go to the siren, some to battery, some to door switches, etc! I think there are instructions, but like i said i cant confirm whats there and what's not. Hopefully Ems can fill in the gaps, and suggest the price she's after

sounds good!! CHEERS ARNOLD!!:grinning:
Would you let Ems know that i am interested please as i aint a full member yet so cant message people. And if i can afford it, ill most probably buy it. Thankyou so much for your help!!

N thanks to bombz4 fo your comment!! i feel more confident now in fitting it myself. And i got plenty of time to fit it as i aint guna be driving it anywhere as only learning!

Lol, thanks Arnold :p

Sammyboi, it's for a 2 door and shouldn't be too hard to fit if you have patience lol!! I'll be wanting 20 in all for it which will include postage. I'll try and get some pics up for you. :)

Attachments

• DSC00808.JPG
    DSC00808.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 211
lol...yh i got a 2dr k10 for my 1st car n im not sure about having patients...lol!! £20...dats wkd!! u got my full attention!! Pics would be great :grinning:
what does the alam cover? (doors, boot, bonet, etc...)

dats wkd!!

please dont use txt speak :)

what does the alam cover? (doors, boot, bonet, etc...)

It only works on the door switches, but would have shock protection aswell e.g. someone boots it, jacks up the car, etc. you could get a pressure switch, for example, a door switch, which when depressed, turns the interior light on. You could wire one up inside the bonnet to trigger if the bonnet is opened. Again, you could do this for the boot too.

It would also work on a 4 door car too, just by daisy chaining all the door switch wiring together.

sorry arnold! Its just a habbit as i text loads.

All sounds good, and your idea to use a pressure switch on boot and bonet!! Thanks for that!! I just got to get my dad to check this out when he gets home in about 20minutes!! But im certainly interested!!

well my dads home and he said no to it. Because it has apparently got an alarm on it already. But there no remote so that why it not being used. So im going to have to turn down your offer. SORRY!
Thanks anyways Ems and Arnold

An alarm without a fob is useless! so saying no to still means your car is without one. Bummer though, It would be easy to wire in. Rip out the existing control unit and attach the new one, changing the wires that go into the box as necessary. The rest of the wiring is already in place in your car! and this does have 2 remote fobs. Such a cheap price too

Do you reckon you'd have the ability to wire one up yourself? Ems has one for sale from Ebay. New & unfitted. Can get you details if your interested.

I've got an ebay one in mine, and for what it cost, im very impressed!

that these £20-odd ones? they look good but what are they like?

Yep they're great little units. I have one in mine, and works quite well, i need to move the location of the shock sensor though. It's intergrated with remote locking too, has an immobilizer and even anti hijack. The only minor thing about my unit is when you open the doors, the hazards flash! its some foreign warning system to alert people, im used to it though. I dont know if the one Ems has - has that feature as its not yet installed.

Works great tho, immobilizer works fine, car wont start if the alarm is on, goes off when the doors open, goes off if you shake it etc, very impressed. Especially as Toad charge about £80 for a unit with half the features of mine.

Nope! lol. I believe the manual said something like

"to alert other drivers of a hazard involving the car". Obviously it was a poor translation and some of the wording was quite comical, but its definitly as designed.

The bummer about it though is if you put the hazards on, it'l trigger the anti hi-jack and lock the doors - as we've experienced first hand.

Back