calling all mechanical superheroes....

OK..

whats the best way to remove the nut that holds the ball (of the tie rod outer ball joint) onto the hub/knuckle....when the nut is so corroded to the threads, that turning teh nut just seems to spin teh ball (inside the joint)???

so I need to separate teh joint and then do a crazy clamp arrangement on the balll....

...or can i do some kind of 'twist' technique on te4h socket end to hold the ball still while I remove the nut?

The first side came off no problem but the seccond side is being a beeeatch!

dont mind replacing th ejoint ofcourse......just dont know how to get the ball off of the hub/knuckle

HELP!!!

cheers

I'm not an expert, but have you tried puttin some brake fluid on to try and penetrate it?

Bit too obvious/stupid? :p

you have to use pressure against the taper rich, a long steel bar pushing it tight, then do the nut back up so that the taper locks it back up, then work the nut on and off till its free :)

get a bar to put pressure on it to ondo it then to get it out of the taper fit get two hammers one ether side and hit it with the hammer both sides and it pops out i was at collge last year doing mechanics and i was going to u a ball joint splitter and one of the helpers bollo~~ed me for it and showed me this lol

Nexus Frank and mihtymicra:

THANKS you all for that help...I used a combination of all three advices...and teh nut moved to the bottom of teh ball stud.....there it remained aparently forever!!

SO, out came teh blowtorch and some hot lubricants....teh nut overcame the last streatch with a bit heat

THANKS THANKS and THANKS guys I knew you would get me out of that corner

happy sammo

Back