Bumper removal - Both ends

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Sorry guys I know this has been asked many times before - I have spent the last hour using the search and reading and not come up with anything of very much use.

Could I please have a description of the mounting point locations, type of fixing
and a brief rundown of the technique.

I promise that I will put together a photo illustrated post for the benefit of others in the guides section when I do the second stage of the job.

there,s a 10mm selftapper (philips as well) at the very ends on the front one eh mark, and some take the headlights out and remove the 10mm bolts from the pods, but i prefer to take the pods off with the bumper, 2 x 12mm inner bolts behind the grille, and 4 x 12mm damn awkward nuts (that fall in the bin :wasntme:)

the rear bumper is either 2 or 6 nuts depends how you remove it. 2x10mm or philips screw bolts, then from there you can pull the underside of the back bumper up and down and it does eventually come off or inside the boot (one to the left and one to the right hand side) just where the floor meets the back there are 2x14mm nuts iirc, and about 4-5 inches below these on the underside of the car the same again but the tend to be ####ed so i prefer to leave the rear protection bar bolted up

Thanks gents. I have a small window of time to remove some bumpers from a breaker on st morning and want to go armed with as much info as poss.

Back