Brake bias

Hi all,
The micra has locked the rears on a number of occasions, all whilst going along straight when I have needed to stop fast! I have a set of gti-r calipers to go on the front but also I'm just wondering is thee any way of putting more of the braking power to the front as it's not ideal having this much at the rear. Tell me if in being a mongo just trying to see if I can sort out this oversteer on braking.
Thanks,
Motty!

Hi all,
The micra has locked the rears on a number of occasions, all whilst going along straight when I have needed to stop fast! I have a set of gti-r calipers to go on the front but also I'm just wondering is thee any way of putting more of the braking power to the front as it's not ideal having this much at the rear. Tell me if in being a mongo just trying to see if I can sort out this oversteer on braking.
Thanks,
Motty!

Have you lowered the car recently Motty? if so did you adjust the rear brake compensator?

PollyP's guide:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/how...-bias-compensator-valve-after-lowering.48457/

If you look behind the rear nearside wheel the rear brake pipes run to a compensator that adjusts break bias when the cars loaded up with people etc. If you lower the car without adjusting it its like your always driving with the car loaded (in terms of brake bias)

The adjuster has a nut on the top to adjust it youll need to screw it down to bring its arm that connects it to the compensator

brakebiasloweredadjuste.jpg

Skinner you are a lifesaver...once again :') mentioned it to dad and he said he shall sort it out and show me how, he told me off for being a pleb and not adjusting it :') old and wise xD thanks!

Back