Brake bias valve

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I've read the guide by Pollyp, seen some other threads but can't for the life of me figure out what to do. I have no understanding on how these things work.

Jacked my car up at the back, put a jack under the axle and raised up till it sat similar to on level ground. I am presented with this:

J5OO0.jpg

Can't figure out what to adjust and how far. Access is also very tight, my 10mm spanner barely fits!

Any help would be appreciated :oops:

normally if the car is mildly lowered you just loosen the 2 locking nuts at the top and tighten the lower nut down the threaded rod till it begins to pull the bias arm down to relieve pressure off the internal valve whenever the suspension is sitting level.

but appears ur rear suspension is lowered quite alot that there's not enough thread for the nut to reach the arm (currently the lowered susp is constantly pushing that spring up against the bias arm which shuts the valve and causing a hydraulic restriction).

what ya do is either:
  • take out and retap more threads down that rod n readjust or
  • like on mine, use ziptie to pull the arm down towards the lower mount to relieve pressure while the suspensions level
dsc01880copy.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-2#post-391187

normally if the car is mildly lowered you just loosen the 2 locking nuts at the top and tighten the lower nut down the threaded rod till it begins to pull the bias arm down to relieve pressure off the internal valve whenever the suspension is sitting level.

but appears ur rear suspension is lowered quite alot that there's not enough thread for the nut to reach the arm (currently the lowered susp is constantly pushing that spring up against the bias arm which shuts the valve and causing a hydraulic restriction).

what ya do is either:
  • take out and retap more threads down that rod n readjust or
  • like on mine, use ziptie to pull the arm down towards the lower mount to relieve pressure while the suspensions level
dsc01880copy.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-2#post-391187
thank you very much.

I'll get back under it today or maybe when i'm back on Monday and give the zip tie a go.

Gave it ago, managed to get a tie round and pull spring a few mm, started to rain so had to pack up for now

Mizgq.jpg

Though looking at your pic Paul, seems as though I hooked the tie over the wrong bit

Back